Bokadams

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

guzzo

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Was out fishing yesterday and had the pleasure to watch a Bokadam hunting mud skippers.....Has anyone had any experience with these curious little snakes......I find them very interesting but there does not seem to be much info on them.

They are a strange little mangrove snake that comes in quite a variety of colours. Their eyes are on the top of their head and they eat fish. I think they have a mild venom.

I would really like to learn more about them....I do not know if anyone keeps them and I have never heard of them for sale. I almost always see them when fishing on very low tides.

I was wondering if they required any special keeping techs seing as I have only seen them in salt water environments.

Tom and Dane at the museum would probably be interested in hearing from you. They were doing a bit of research on mangrove snakes around christmas, they invited a mate and i out to look with them but they never called us back...

It wouldn't have to be a change in water depth necessarily, like when people simulate spring rains to trigger fish spawning, it's something else about the change in environment that triggers breeding.

Lucky guy guzzo, I think aquatic snakes are fascinating.

It wouldn't have to be a change in water depth necessarily, like when people simulate spring rains to trigger fish spawning, it's something else about the change in environment that triggers breeding.

Lucky guy guzzo, I think aquatic snakes are fascinating.

Then how do you explain them being gravid all year round?

Tom and Dane at the museum would probably be interested in hearing from you. They were doing a bit of research on mangrove snakes around christmas, they invited a mate and i out to look with them but they never called us back...

thanks.....Do you get them in the East Alligator? I do not remember seing them when i was there.

thanks.....Do you get them in the East Alligator? I do not remember seing them when i was there.

I haven't seen any but yeah you do. I've seen them up at Coburg along mangrove beaches, at Dripstone cliffs, Race Course (ludmilla) Creek and in Rapid Creek.

Then how do you explain them being gravid all year round?

I am interested in a genuine discussion, but I never said I could. My point was simply that seasonal environmental changes in the wild can be replicated partially in captivity with the relevant variables still triggering reproduction, without requiring absolutely happen exactly the same.

For that matter, replicating tides would not be that hard.

I am interested in a genuine discussion, but I never said I could. My point was simply that seasonal environmental changes in the wild can be replicated partially in captivity with the relevant variables still triggering reproduction, without requiring absolutely happen exactly the same.

For that matter, replicating tides would not be that hard.

I'm interested in a discussion too, hence the question. I'm not so pretentious that i think that no one else knows about this stuff apart from me. I was hoping you knew something i didn't and was going to tell me. That is why i asked.

I can now see that i mis-read 'wouldn't' for 'would' i apologise if i caused offence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back