Book by Rainbow-Serpent

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainbow-Serpent

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Is what you all will be seeing soon...well... I probably won't put RAINBOW SERPENT as the author name but you get the idea...

I'm writing a book about my time in keeping reptiles, from my first moments with my first snake to now. I've only just started, but I'm hoping to make it a 150 paged book.
It's just going to be a square shaped book with pictures and writing and stuff :lol:

I'll be writing credits to alot of you, due to alot of you helping me and teaching me with everything I needed getting my first snake (if it wasn't for all of you I wouldn't know a thing about reptiles except "They're scaley." ;))

Just wanted to know what people think of this idea??

And whether other herpers think it sounds like a book worth buying.
I'm hoping alot of girls my age will read the book and realise that keeping snakes is cool, and that I'm not a total creepazoid :lol:

Cheers,
-Jordo

It's just going to be a square shaped book with pictures and writing and stuff :lol:

hahahahah

Ok I don't know you, but think of you as the bunnings bredli (look @ the freek) 13? year old.

But Go for gold slugger! :D
All the best!

Probably make sure you have someone else to proof read it. someone older than you and one that has more experience in keeping reptiles so he/she can correct any mistakes that you make. which i reckon you will be making a lot of. but give it a go?

If you keep it honest and sincere and write it for children your age you could be onto a winner...I was talking about reptile books today to an experienced herper and I was bemoaning the fact that many of the books dont really delve much into the experience for newbies and what traps/pitfalls we fall into..as well as the pros/cons of different species.

As the others say, get a few to proof read and be prepared for constructive criticism...but after all it is your book so up to you to decide on whether to take it on board or not...but I say good luck and if it helps other newbies then that is great. Just dont give too much about your personal life/location etc away either online or in the book...for this you can be general ..i.e South Qld or whatever and dont name others unless they give permission.

Hahaha love it!! Thats going to be his new nickname from now on ;)
Thanks for the good wishes.:)

I would put that in your book. would be worth a read. Don't leave out all the reactions both from the reptile community and the public... hhmmm what was worse?

no ofenece but a book is a big thing to do i barely read 150 page books let alone try to write them i jsut watch the movies or get summaries the only book i have ever read is harry potter series and bits of john weigals herp book which name i cant think of.

no ofenece but a book is a big thing to do i barely read 150 page books let alone try to write them i jsut watch the movies or get summaries the only book i have ever read is harry potter series and bits of john weigals herp book which name i cant think of.

lots of people read lots of books :) i read books probably every day. so im sure if she can write one and get it published that people will read it. i know i will :)

no offense inteded, but you do not have enough experience to write a book, you have been keeping what a year? and have 2 snakes? I think you should be waiting another few years before you even think about it.

I would put that in your book. would be worth a read. Don't leave out all the reactions both from the reptile community and the public... hhmmm what was worse?
Definately the reaction from the reptile community.
The public, well, I'm used to it, I don't care what they think to be honest.

But the reaction from the reptile community was the most hurtful (which serves me right), but it came from people I look up to, so that hit home.

I don't think it would be wise to put it in a book, due to I found out it's illegal to take a reptile off your property unless you're going to the vet.
(The last thing I want is the EPA jumping down my throat and taking my licence and reptiles).

no offense inteded, but you do not have enough experience to write a book, you have been keeping what a year? and have 2 snakes? I think you should be waiting another few years before you even think about it.
I see what you mean. However my book is based on my time in reptile keeping. My experiances, memories and loads of photos etc. :) I don't have the experiance to write a book with like information and species lists and all that jazz.

i dont think rainbowserpent is writing a book for experienced keepers but for her own age and demographic.

i think it is a fantastic idea, and if you can approach printeries (i think a leaflet would be more cost effective) just to hand out to people your own age you could be on to a great idea.

if it fails whatve you lost? have a go and good luck.
and as for the girls that think you may be strange, be a trend setter not follower!

i dont think rainbowserpent is writing a book for experienced keepers but for her own age and demographic.

i think it is a fantastic idea, and if you can approach printeries (i think a leaflet would be more cost effective) just to hand out to people your own age you could be on to a great idea.

if it fails whatve you lost? have a go and good luck.
and as for the girls that think you may be strange, be a trend setter not follower!

oh ok, I think I got the wrong idea, I guess the book would be ok for converting people to herps though. good luck anyway, apologise for comment sounding harsh if it did.

I don't think it would be wise to put it in a book, due to I found out it's illegal to take a reptile off your property unless you're going to the vet.
(The last thing I want is the EPA jumping down my throat and taking my licence and reptiles).

No offence. but you are a kid, and puting that in a book will teach other kids what not to do.I am sure the EPA wont put you in jail. and besides I am sure they read these forums and already know.

If you are going to write about your experenices make it a worthwile read..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back