Books/links/Info for Southern Angle Heads

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kobrakai

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi there
I'm looking for a few good books/links that include good information about Southern Angle heads. General care, feeding, medical etc.
Cheers
Aaron

Southern angle headed dragons are kept in very similar captivity conditions to Boyds forest dragons and are apart of the same genus.. Check this link out and you'll get some info..

http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/...oyds-forest-dragon-information-thread-146921/

Books depends on what particular info your looking for.. "Keeping and breeding Australian lizard"s by Mike Swan.. "Lizards vol 1,2" by Manfred Rogner..

Hey mate if Br3nton from this site spots this thread he should be able to help you, He has kept the mean lizards before so just wait it out and see what happens

Hi there
I'm looking for a few good books/links that include good information about Southern Angle heads. General care, feeding, medical etc.
Cheers
Aaron

Hey mate have a look at the sticky on Boyd forest dragons in Aus lizards it has been posted already. apply all the same princables and husbenary but keep them a degree or two cooler are there any specifics?

Cheers Brenton

Mainly wanting to see how much/often a hatchling should eat. How and when you can tell the sex of them. Also ideas on how to cool the tank as im in Brisbane and sometimes we have high temps.

Feed hatchlings as much as they will eat as often as you can so twice a day but at least once you can sex them at a few weeks old by shining a torch through there junk if you see red lines there a boy if clear there a girl and if you having a stinker of a day spray them with cool water or put a ice block in there enclosure on the floor.

Cheers Brenton

Awesome thanks I've been searching/reading every post with angle head in them to find out some answers.

Is there any ill effects of housing a hatchling in a large enclosure? (eg 1.8mx1.2x.6) or should i keep him in the 2ft cube til he's bigger?

Last edited:
Is there any ill effects of housing a hatchling in a large enclosure? (eg 1.8mx1.2x.6) or should i keep him in the 2ft cube til he's bigger?

I too would like to know this.

I don't know about ill effects of housing in a large enclosure but I do know they need to be kept under close observation when young therefore the 2 ft.cube would be more suitable.

There's the point of being able to chase down and capture his prey items easily , ie, crickets or small woodies often scurry off and hide before the little guys can catch them.

I have 4 juvie AHDs atm and they are thriving :)

Cheers
Sandee :)

hey brenton, do you know if that technique works on mature angle heads for sexing?

hey brenton, do you know if that technique works on mature angle heads for sexing?

No it won't unless you have a awesome torch :) at mature age you should be able to tell

Cheers Brenton

haha okay, how can you tell the sex of mature angle heads? is it the colour/pattern? or something else?

Yes and head size the flap thing over the head. And the noticabull hemi buldges

Cheers Brenton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back