Border Security, chanel 7 NOW

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
again read mate ......... at the comment of there are onlya few thousand albinos in OZ secondly there worth 20gs a peice

you could get this info by reading my previous posts

they are worth more overseas than here.
ballot was earlier in the year i thik, cought in feb IIRC

i have a feeling that the $$ values they were talking about would be asian black market prices, so in reality they are probably right, not many Alb darwins on the international market these days, and can remember not that long ago they were easily worth about $20000 per animal when there numbers were way down...

poor shingles though and that blackhead was either just out of the egg or it was Axanthic, did you see the colour of it?? Was either pre hatch shed or axanthic and you can see the egg sack bulge in its belly but could easily be a stomach issue like they said

You honestly think that albino is going in to the ballot?

Either wildlife world or Reptile Park now own a new albino!

That's a very educational show, apparently only a few 100 albino Darwins in the whole world and they are endangered, also it probably wont be released back into the wild.

That's a very educational show, apparently only a few 100 albino Darwins in the whole world and they are endangered, also it probably wont be released back into the wild.

As I said earlier those fools have no idea. Can you imagine what the possibility of finding a wild albino Darwin?

'Endangered species, the albino Dawin/carpet python'

Love that quote whenever the media says it. You would think they would actually learn a little about what they are talking about. However, sadly, this day and age it's all entertainment no education

Watching it now in WA. I have a lot i could say about that $#&* but i noticed that 9 year olds are on the forum so i won't. Karma

when i was at wildlife world at the start of october they had an albino darwin on display and it was about that size

Attachments

• 100_2766.jpg
    100_2766.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 61
  • 100_2767.jpg
    100_2767.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
so we have more herps that have to be put to sleep do we??? why dont ppl think about the animals b4 doing stupid crap like that

My thoughts are this.
It's quite possible for someone to go out and catch a heap of sleepys and bluetongues depending on where they've travelled across Australia, but to pick up a few "hatchling" BHP (at least one of which looked to be coming up for a possible post hatching shed) and of course an albino Darwin, just simply isn't possible.
The next question would obviously be who would sell animals to such a person??
Do you guys in th eastern states need to keep track of who you sell animals to? Of course no one would write down that they sold an animal to such a person, but surely it shouldn't be too hard to see who has recently had a few "deaths" in their collection.

My thoughts are this.
It's quite possible for someone to go out and catch a heap of sleepys and bluetongues depending on where they've travelled across Australia, but to pick up a few "hatchling" BHP (at least one of which looked to be coming up for a possible post hatching shed) and of course an albino Darwin, just simply isn't possible.
The next question would obviously be who would sell animals to such a person??
Do you guys in th eastern states need to keep track of who you sell animals to? Of course no one would write down that they sold an animal to such a person, but surely it shouldn't be too hard to see who has recently had a few "deaths" in their collection.

This article (Mon Feb 23, 2009) relates to the story. 44 reptiles seized at Sydney airport - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

As far as keeping track of who we sell to yes we need to keep records as part of our license conditions. As far as selling to "such a person" how would anyone know what intentions the buyer had with regard to the animal/s ?

If the albino in the pic that BJC-787 posted is the albino in question I can say that it isn't/wasn't one that I bred based on its looks

I guess there is a lot of money to be made by people with no morals. Sadly there are people that are happy to buy these poor animals illegally. I also suspect this happens a lot more than we know of. Poor animals!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back