Border Security, chanel 7 NOW

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they say $5000 ea for the stumpys? that doesn't seem rite:shock:!
and 20k for an albino darwin! ekkk i swear they go for like $5000!
And those BHPs were not hatchlings! they were pretty darn big!
the guy should of got the death penalty hahahaa :evil:
yeah but that would be the black market prices ,

BAHAHAHAHAHA albino darwins there are apparently on a few thousand in australias and 20 grand a pop
i think he said theres about 100 in australia and maybe the whole world....what an idiot..and 20k i would say on the black market price list

when i was at wildlife world at the start of october they had an albino darwin on display and it was about that size

Told you.

Good to see that the greedy businesses which only see reptiles as a way to make money are looked after a lot better than the small handful of private keepers trying to sustain both wild and private collections.

It's a complete joke, they would have given a 100 reasons why the snake could not be released in to the wild or a private collection and had to stay in their facility...all of them which would have been bull*****

I dont understand how the hell he thought he would get away with it ...he is obviously only the mule in all of this ...
Tend to agree with some opinions on this thread ... :(

Told you.

Good to see that the greedy businesses which only see reptiles as a way to make money are looked after a lot better than the small handful of private keepers trying to sustain both wild and private collections.

It's a complete joke, they would have given a 100 reasons why the snake could not be released in to the wild or a private collection and had to stay in their facility...all of them which would have been bull*****

Over the top much?

If Wild Life World is a buisness that is only trying to make money it is failing big time. Animal parks dont make money, they never have. They are kept open by government funding for tourism and other reasons.

I think these animal parks probably get first dibs on the animals not becaus they provide reasons why they cant go into private collections but just thats the way the system operates. I think it would be a bit of a joke if national parks gave away an albino in a ballot anyway. Releasing any of the animals in the wild would be rediculous.

Also what have private keepers got to do with keeping wild populations going?

Over the top much?

If Wild Life World is a buisness that is only trying to make money it is failing big time. Animal parks dont make money, they never have. They are kept open by government funding for tourism and other reasons.

I think these animal parks probably get first dibs on the animals not becaus they provide reasons why they cant go into private collections but just thats the way the system operates. I think it would be a bit of a joke if national parks gave away an albino in a ballot anyway. Releasing any of the animals in the wild would be rediculous.

Also what have private keepers got to do with keeping wild populations going?

:lol::lol::lol: Yeah they don't make any money at all:rolleyes::cry: apart from the vast amounts of reptiles they sell from their breeding programs. May I ask do you know anyone from Wildlife world?
Yeah wouldn't it be such a ridiculous idea to ballot the snake to someone who isn't going to breed the **** out of it every year and then sell them to the private keepers?

You don't think the private hobby has anything to do with the sustainability of wild populations? Have a look at the people trying to protect the species as well as the people who are studying them....sorry to tell you genius but it's private keepers not politicians:rolleyes:

"As far as selling to "such a person" how would anyone know what intentions the buyer had with regard to the animal/s ?"

I'm sorry, but do you actually think that the guy came to Australia, just happened to look in a newspaper or on the net and thought geez I might buy them. This would have been organised before he even got here and I bet the seller was fully aware.

Last edited:
40 shingles 1 eastern long neck and 1 yearling beardie. Was on Animnal planet last night. Digusting. In socks as well.

"As far as selling to "such a person" how would anyone know what intentions the buyer had with regard to the animal/s ?"

I'm sorry, but do you actually think that the guy came to Australia, just happened to look in a newspaper or on the net and thought geez I might buy them. This would have been organised before he even got here and I bet the seller was fully aware.

If you had read the link I provided you would of read that they were found "in the bags of a 24-year-old Sydney man". :rolleyes:

You don't think the private hobby has anything to do with the sustainability of wild populations? Have a look at the people trying to protect the species as well as the people who are studying them....sorry to tell you genius but it's private keepers not politicians:rolleyes:

Im sorry but I really think the large majority of private keepers wouldnt even know what a wild reptile was, let alone put any effort into protecting wild stock. If anything reptile keeping as a whole would have a negative impact on wild populations, i would think.

On the other hand i think it could be argued that the reptile parks would contribute in part in a possitive way. Although probably negligible i think it could be greater than the wider captive reptile community contributes.

i guess it is possible to look at private keepers as protecting wild stocks by breeding them. sure its not a direct effect but the fact that they can breed them means that less may be removed from wild populations.

in terms of where this guy got the snake i imagine he bought them or bred them himself. i just wonder what happened about his keeping license as a result of the charges. i would like to think that he cannot keep reptiles anymore. although i guess he may not have been bothering with legal licensing or anything anyway.
just wish that they'd hit him harder

What makes me laugh is the punishment this little ... got! i mean it hardly makes it not worth doing in the eyes of another young kid that knows no better but only sees the dollar signs?
Surely this kid is 24 send him to 2-3 years jail?? that sort of haul if it was wild shinglebacks would have to affect the area they were taken from?
Dont kid yourselfs there are plenty of people keeping snakes and lizards off license in Australia

what is cruel and disgusting about shipping them in socks? i can't see any problem with how they were packaged.

Dude adult shingle backs crushed up in little socks looked like ankle socks not footy socks. Not straght in like head and tail together. Lol andy. How would you feel like that and they where dehydrated.

Dont kid yourselfs there are plenty of people keeping snakes and lizards off license in Australia

If I got a dollar for every time a person comes into the petstore I work in for reptile related materials/food and boast about their animal being wild caught or off license I would be rich.

We try our best by providing license forms and informing them of the penalties but mostly falls on deaf ears :evil:.

I would go and have a guess IMO that 60-70% are off license. What are your opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back