Boy bitten by snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bob73

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard about the boy bitten by the snake in Launching Place today. I live nearby and was wondering if anyone knows what kind of snake it was.:(

I am 9 and this is my first time at this.

Na mate havent heard about it where abouts is the launching place like what city or suburb??

Just saw a little bit on the news. didnt mention the snake though or what the outcome was?

AN eight-year-old boy bitten by a snake while feeding the family's chickens is in a stable condition after being flown to hospital.
The boy was treated by paramedics at his home in Launching Place, southeast of Melbourne, just after 3pm this afternoon.
Paramedic Danny Knight said they arrived within nine minutes of the boy being bitten and found him "quite distressed".
"He had been feeding the chickens in a chook pen when he was bitten on the leg through his tracksuit pants," Mr Knight said.
"He was very hot and sweaty, he had tightness across his chest, was vomiting and disorientated."
Paramedics put a drip in the boy's arm to give him fluids and stabilise his condition.
He was flown by helicopter to the Royal Children's Hospital and is in a stable condition

nothing about the snake

They said on the news (can't remember which channel) that it was a copper head.

the boy is acctually my brother i just came back from the royal childrens and he is still in icu but is stable. the snake was a tiger snake. also i missed the news so if any one could tell me what channel it was on it would be great to get the footage

Thanks

the boy is acctually my brother i just came back from the royal childrens and he is still in icu but is stable. the snake was a tiger snake. also i missed the news so if any one could tell me what channel it was on it would be great to get the footage

Thanks

it'd be on most local channels.

Thanks

Hope all goes well for him and your family.

I hope your brother gets better soon. I think it was on channel 7. We saw the ambulance go passed our school.

Thanks
glad you brother is doing ok. hope there wont be any lasting problems with damaged kindneys or anyother organs. best wishes to all your family

I hop they cach the snak soon
The snake is most likely long gone ..
it was just bad timing on both ...snake for being there and boy for feeding the chooks when he did ..Hope your brother makes a good recovery ...and I hope this doesnt bring out the shovel sherrifs again :(

Chooks and snakes often go hand in hand. You really have to be careful when keeping them. I had a guy living next door to me in suburban Brissy who had a relatively large chook pen. He had two of the biggest red belly black snakes living under one end of that shed. They were rippers! The thing is, I don't think they were after the chooks, more so the rodents that were drawn to the chook house!

I hope your brother is doing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back