Boy or girl?????????/

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

m_beardie

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
OK so i need to make sure i know which gender it is before i get another gecko which i am planning to get for breeding.

THANK YOU!

Attachments

• IMG_1361.jpg
    IMG_1361.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 184
Ill confirm it, what species is it? Smooth Knob-Tailed?
Males are bigger than females. The males vent is also much larger, therfore to me that looks like a male; due to vent size, females have a very skinny vent leading to the tail but males are thicker and bulge out more.
If you want to be 100% sure see a vet.

Last edited:
yep jinin u got it. 'he' s a smooth knob-tailed gecko.

beardie pics

ok so here is my beardie always thought it was a boy (just a guess) so yeah. and how much do you think he/she has to grow?

Attachments

• IMG_1414.jpg
    IMG_1414.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_1420.jpg
    IMG_1420.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_1409.jpg
    IMG_1409.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 121
jinin, mate I've never known an adult male smooth knob tail to be larger than a female, infact its the other way around with the average female being almost double the males size. m_beardie it does appear from the pic to be indeed male. as for the beardie a few better pics might be more helpful.

okay i will try and get some better ones tomorrow.

Take a photo of the beardie from behind holding the tail up at a 90 degree angle (gently of course) to sex it most easily

ok thats cool. i can't be bothered going up stairs and taking a photo (he's sleeping anyway) so i will put some up tomorrow. thanks anyway!

Male has 2 lumps female has 1

Attachments

• males.jpg
    males.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 180
  • females.jpg
    females.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
that's wierd but he is about 20 months old. how old until they are fully grown?

Should be full grown or at least pretty close
Just do what the previous post said and put him on a table and grab his tail and lift it 90 degrees and u should be able to tell for yourself
if not post a pic although he does look male

imo your beardies a female, as it seems that she has a narrow,tight cloaca and small femoral pores whereas a male has a wide,loose cloaca and large femoral pores! but it is a little hard to see from those pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back