Boyd's Dragons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jinin

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Im Wondering what the basic care of a Boyd's Forest Dragon is, like:

Breeding
Sexing
Enclosure
Cost for one
Where to get one
General Info.etc

All of your inputs will be greatly appreciated THANKYOU.

The first episode of Adriens Reptile World had a really good piece on their captive care. I think you can watch the episode on line (not 100% positive on that) or you can now buy the dvd from his website.
Sorry, not very helpful.

Hi Guys,

Im Wondering what the basic care of a Boyd's Forest Dragon is, like:

Breeding
Sexing
Enclosure
Cost for one
Where to get one
General Info.etc

All of your inputs will be greatly appreciated THANKYOU.

Google" Adriens Reptile World" and search for the boyd dragon ep.
They require a similar setup to a angle headed which im sure u can find many caresheets on, they go for around $400 a hatchling and $1,200 for a breeding pair. Check the for sale section here, Herptrader has a pair for $1,100 (off memory) for sale atm. They are pretty expensive for a 14 year old. Id suggest Angle headed Dragons which you can pick up for $70.
When boyds are legal to have in Vic ill be jumping at the opportunity to have some.

also boyds are on class two in nsw so you need to be 18 to have them...

Well....Thanks Boys.....i didn't know that you had to be 18 well yea i would get my dad to get it in his name....it is a bit pricey but i think i can manage. Thanks

if you don't already have the license you have to have class 1 for 2yrs with at least one year with a class 1 dragon before you can get a class 2 dragon...

if you don't already have the license you have to have class 1 for 2yrs with at least one year with a class 1 dragon before you can get a class 2 dragon...

Also dont recommend these guys for a first Dragon. (Not that ive had them but from what ive heard)

Don't people bother to read books any more? There is a whole chapter on Boyds in Swan's "Keeping & Breeding Australian Lizards" with detailed information and you get it from an expert, not from kids who have never seen one.

Yep i Know how ill get the licence. i knew it was on class 2, just didnt know that you had to be 18, and have a class 1 dragon for 2 years...8(. That sucks ill get one in 2 years then. thanks guys! Also i have had dragons for three years now.

Well where would i be able to get a southern angle-headed dragon, i saw them on URS and Danny Brown Breeds them but yea.... anyone else breed them? and they are $70 yep?

Well where would i be able to get a southern angle-headed dragon, i saw them on URS and Danny Brown Breeds them but yea.... anyone else breed them? and they are $70 yep?

Well it changes from breeder to breeder $70 - $120 each (Usually $70-$90). There not really all that uncommon you should be able to locate some within a matter of a few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back