Brag thread! Fishing/hunting/herping etc

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

waruikazi

Legendary
Reaction score
I'm hoping this can be a perpetual thread for members to post up pictures of anything you think is an achievment of sorts. Like your biggest fish, burnout, hunt, snake etc. I'll start off with my biggest barra yet and a buff a mate shot last weekend (from another thread).

FishingCahillsMarch011.jpg

samebuff.jpg

That is a stonker!

I heard you can't eat them when they are that big anyway because of ciguterra poisoning. Is that true?

My two best flatties, first pic of a 75cm, next two pics of a 70cm.
Both released (I release any over 60cm)
Will hopefully beat that this spring/summer

AnthFlathead875cm.jpg

SLAFishday09ATFH1-2002.jpg

SLAFishday09ATFH2-1010.jpg

1-catching a 4 meter anaconda in brazil
2-106cm barra,the 3rd biggest i have caught,but i didn't have a camera for the other 2 that went 113cm and 108cm.
3-30 pound spaniard.once again,caught many bigger with my biggest being 44 pounds but no photos
4- not the biggest fish in the world , but it is still cool to catch pirhana.
5-not many people get the chance to cook marshmellows over flowing lava.Pacaya volcano,Guatamala.look it up on youtube,there is some good footage on there

Attachments

• brazilanaconda2.jpg
    brazilanaconda2.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 298
  • fishing-mack1.jpg
    fishing-mack1.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 223
  • 106cmbarra.jpg
    106cmbarra.jpg
    330.8 KB · Views: 210
  • brazilpirhana1.jpg
    brazilpirhana1.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 265
  • gua14.jpg
    gua14.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 296
WOAH. Simon, that is quite the collection! Love that pic of the barra. Congrats on all them. :)

My 7 year old son caught this euro carp (i know a stinky ol carp)it weighed 18 pound and took him about 30 odd minutes to reel in(with a bit of help from me).
DSCF0083.jpg

A yellow belly that i got last year, i didnt have my scales on me so im not sure what she weighed.
16112008.jpg

1. Biggest jewie so far at around 83 cm really want to crack the 1mt mark
2. land based kingy about 74cm
3. mud crab caught on peeled prawn whilst going for bream
4. First flathead caught on fly, only about 30cm but i was pretty happy

Oh yeah i also urge anyone who enjoys fishing or hunting to put the greens LAST in the coming election as they are set on banning recreational fishing in a minimum af 30% of Aus coastline, and you can almost guarantee it will be the 30% that has the best fishing..

Ben

Attachments

• DSC02750.jpg
    DSC02750.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 124
  • DSC01985.jpg
    DSC01985.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 136
  • DSC00520.jpg
    DSC00520.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 185
  • DSC01767.jpg
    DSC01767.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 160
Couple very nice Barras people.
Here's a some pics I dug up. Couple of tuna and a nice Kingy.
From memory the Kingy was over 15kg cleaned.

Cheers,
Allan
Tuna.jpg
Kingfish.jpg

My two best flatties, first pic of a 75cm, next two pics of a 70cm.
Both released (I release any over 60cm)
Will hopefully beat that this spring/summer

OK they look like what we called stargazers in NZ used to get them in the scallop dreg Find a good raw fish recipe best way to eat em. MMM missing the fishing buzzz

That is a stonker!

I heard you can't eat them when they are that big anyway because of ciguterra poisoning. Is that true?

Yeah that's right, its not recommended due to the risk of poisoning. They don't taste very nice at that size either, full of fat veins and chewy. Plus we don't believe in keeping them at that size, it just feels wrong.

5-not many people get the chance to cook marshmellows over flowing lava.Pacaya volcano,Guatamala.look it up on youtube,there is some good footage on there[/QUOTE]

Man that is awesome! That is definately something to add to my wish list.

OK they look like what we called stargazers in NZ used to get them in the scallop dreg Find a good raw fish recipe best way to eat em. MMM missing the fishing buzzz
Hey mate just so you know stargazers and flathead are two distinct species.

Mary River Cod that me and my mates caught (not technically my catch as it was on his lure but it took all 3 of us to get it out, and it wouldn't have been done with only 2 of us so we're counting it as a group catch;))
P5070023.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back