brain damaged beardie

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wasgij

Reaction score
Hi guys, i have a few beardies all about 3 months old. I checked on them just now and one of them appears to have brain damage. all the others seem fine its just the one. conditions are fine and at a onstant temperature of around 30degrees, they have a few hides and have fresh water and food daily. they are also kept on astroturf which is changes regularly.
I wanted to know what could have caused it and what i should do with him. hes at a good weight and is actually the biggest of the 4, he was eating and drinking great until today. what can i do with him?? Im 98% sure its brain damage due to the way he is acting, he cant follow his food and can't seem to control his movements at all. i watched him for a bit and he just spun around in circles then fell over, righted himself then just slumped to one side. To me it screams brain damage.
What should i do? any help is greatly appreciated.

I had a little Beardie do the same thing. The advice I got was it was a nutrient deficiency. We hand fed a mix of vitimin powder and water made into a paste and this resolved the problem.

hes been fed everything dusted with vitamins but i might have to give that a try, dont want to give up on the little guy. he cant control anything he does at the moent its upsetting to watch.

one of my mates baby central bearded dragons had something simialiar, sadly he lost the little fella , i think you should go to a vet.

Hi guys, i have a few beardies all about 3 months old. I checked on them just now and one of them appears to have brain damage. all the others seem fine its just the one. conditions are fine and at a onstant temperature of around 30degrees, they have a few hides and have fresh water and food daily. they are also kept on astroturf which is changes regularly.
I wanted to know what could have caused it and what i should do with him. hes at a good weight and is actually the biggest of the 4, he was eating and drinking great until today. what can i do with him?? Im 98% sure its brain damage due to the way he is acting, he cant follow his food and can't seem to control his movements at all. i watched him for a bit and he just spun around in circles then fell over, righted himself then just slumped to one side. To me it screams brain damage.
What should i do? any help is greatly appreciated.

define brain damage? lack of balance moving favouring one side spinning in 1 direction from my limited medical skill knowledge ear infections can have similar effects

Sounds like impaction to me. I have a beardie that was similar to your description a short while back, dizzy, confused, unbalanced. Knocked its temps up a little and gave it some warm baths. The next day it done a turd and was back to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back