bredli cage

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakeitup

Reaction score
g'day guys,

i have just joined aussie python and loving it so far. just a question regarding bredli cages. i have a breeding pair in seperate 4x2x2ft cages and am wondering if i should attach some round timber (dowell) to each end of the cage around 1ft up on brackets?this would be used for exercise and what not.
Any help, information or pics of other users breeding bredli cage set ups would be greatly appreciated

cheers
james

I have PVC piping in my cage in the shape of a H. I find that they rarely use it; the only time being when they are exploring the cage which isn't very often. I would recommend it though, it gives them more places to move around and climb etc and that can't be bad.

I have a branch in my bredli cages....they use them all the time, plus it looks good.

Cheers Alex

I always use forked branches in all of my enlcosures. My Bredli and other types of carpets use them every day for perching, exploring and hunting.
A good idea is to use plastic plants to create a more natural environment, & it looks better than a boring old box with news paper on the bottom and no other cage furniture.

thanks guys for all the replies its help me make my decision which is to put the timber up.
can anyone who is breeding bredli or jungles give me some information on it i.e size an age of snake, when you start cooling, warming the cage, introducing the snakes, temp of incubating the eggs and time it takes for the eggs to hatch. also what sort of incubators are used--cheers

Bredli are an arboreal species and so should have branches available to them. MrB maybe the piping is too smooth for their liking? Try 'em with a couple of natural branches instead and I reckon they'll be up there like a rat up a drainpipe :)

They used to climb alot, but as they've grown older they seem to have found a preference for raised flat surfaces, rather than actual branches, perches etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back