Bredli enclosure (help)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chris_brown

Reaction score
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
Hey guys so I'm thinking of getting another snake and its gonna be a bredli :) and I'm gonna make my own enclosure cause they cost a arm and a leg.. So I've been looking and they don't need very much space which I was a bit shocked cause they are fairly large snakes. So these are the measurements I got for a adult bredli correct me if I'm wrong this is my first time I'm building a enclosure lol I'm more handy with cars :) 122cm L x 60cm W x 120 cm H is this correct? And I'm thinking of making it with melamine cause my stimmie's one is made with that material what do you guys reckon?

Ps: sorry about spelling or grammar mistakes of there is any.

4 x2x4 sounds right. When I started making my enclosure (4x2x2) I was worried like you it wouldn't be big enough for my woma. But once I startedd building it I realised it is quite big. Your bredli will have plenty of room.

as far as heat mat/lights/thermostat/thermometer goes - What set up would you recommend?
im under the impression its not necessary to have lights and a heat mat?
Considering my newbie status, would you suggest a thermostat and a thermometer? (in opposite side of the enclosure?)

You should only really need one source of heat and that comes down to personal preference. I use heat cords. As for the thermometer I recently purchased an infared laser one which I love but before that I had two thermometers one in the hot and one in the cold end. As for thermostats either habistat or microclimate have a good name. If using a heat mat remember to put the thermostat probe directly on top of the mat. If using lights put the probe on the tile or whatever you are using for the basking spot. Don't forget light cages.

All you need to worry about is the how hit the hot side is the snake will regulate its body temp between the hot and the cold. Bredlis are used to different temps so you should be fine. The SXR website has some good info, just click on the doc rock articles.

Last edited:
All you need to worry about is the how hit the hot side is the snake will regulate its body temp between the hot and the cold. Bredlis are used to different temps so you should be fine. The SXR website has done good info, just click on the doc rock articles.

doc rock articles?

- - - Updated - - -

oh wait! o think ive found it lol

Last edited:
Thanks guys.. But I think I might prefer the infared lights because I can see him at night and what not... I will have a read thru that once I do get home cause work is killing me right now :( but I can't wait to goto the amazing amazon on Wednesday and check out what snake I wanna get ;) ( I hope I'm not breaking forum rules cause they are a sponsor ) :)

They are very helpful at AA and will help you pick out lighting if you are unsure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back