bredli envlosure build

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

boxhead1990

Reaction score
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
88cm x88cm x60cm with a corner cut out(was a kitchen cabinet considerably larger then the other enclosure

been making a styrofoam rockwall on the backwall which will go all the way round once iv got vents sorted

i was thinking about going back to heat cord tho as they are a lower wattage and would save alot on electricity compared to the heat lamp im using now

any ways now for a few shots

31b20552-0957-d272.jpg

31b20552-0976-48e3.jpg

im using styrofoam box's and thats the start of shaping them

im thinking of using a mix of pva and some local red dirt and posably a touch of render aswell

wouldnt mind some advice on the wall im only intending on using it for snakes i would do a grout layer if i was gunna use it in a lizzard enclosure at some stage

Sent from my iPhone

yeah it should look alot better then the last one i built haha but im gunna fix that up once he goes into this one

the original plan was to has 2 glass sides for ultimate viewing but the i realised one corner was chipped away (dad had them sitting infront of where he parks his 4wd and bumped into all the time)

its frustrating when you cant find the circular saw aswell haha

Sent from my iPhone

lol I know the feeling. There's always something missing, broken or gone wrong when building hahaha ... well for me anyways ;)

haha nice have you got any pics of your bredli to post up? Girl or boy? How old? How much and how often do you feed him/her? lol soz bout the 20 questions ... just curious. This is my male 2 month old bredli named Jax and his enclosure that I built. (soz bout the phone quality pic of Jax it blurs when you enlarge it) :D

My baby_1.jpgWarm side.jpgCool side.jpgEnclosure setup.jpg

nice hypo mines only a classic he is about 2ish i think he was a january hatch i think not 100% sure he is about 5 foot long and i give his a medium adult rat once a fortnight he sheds around the month to month and a half mark

i paid 100 for him last year
31b208eb-7fb2-7220.jpg

31b208eb-7fc9-782d.jpg

iphone 4 pictures

and heres a update on the enclosure

31b208eb-802b-0c55.jpg

was just mucking around i think i might make a removable hide section
that acts like a shelf that follows the shelf in this picture should turn out half alright im happy with it so far

Sent from my iPhone

31b208eb-ba5b-1d80.jpg

should i turn that swction into a removable hide or not is the question haha

he hasnt bothered with a hide of anysort he rathers hanging off his branches but im thinking i should make it removable anyways coz he is 5 foot now and this is gunna be his home till he gets to 180 to 220 cm's at this stage (depends on money and how fast he grows over the next few months

Sent from my iPhone

31b208eb-cdd4-46ec.jpg

well i decided that removable was best way as he grows i can make a bigger one

anyways thats where im up to with it hopefully tomorow the whole back section will be done then the hunt for branches at the park will be on( not that i think he will use them tho ........ maybe heat lamp is better haha ;)

Sent from my iPhone

haha nice have you got any pics of your bredli to post up? Girl or boy? How old? How much and how often do you feed him/her? lol soz bout the 20 questions ... just curious. This is my male 2 month old bredli named Jax and his enclosure that I built. (soz bout the phone quality pic of Jax it blurs when you enlarge it) :D

View attachment 248521View attachment 248522View attachment 248523View attachment 248524

oh and male bredlis in my experiance are way the hell calmer haha mines a dream to handle i can pass him to anyone and he never shows agression and i like the enclosure tooo and he is a bloody hit with the ladies haha instantly trys to become a majorly oversized bracelet and shirt diver hahahahaha

gotta love reptiles XD

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:
Haha mine's constantly going down my shirt and curling up I'm just like "ahhh ?" and yeah placid as can kiss him on the head and can trust him with anyone (not that he'd do much harm if he did bite). Your bredli is very handsome ;) and the enclosure is coming along good. I like the idea of a removable hide too ... sounds awesome. As you can see the little hide i made in the second pic. It's amazing what some foam, a hotglue gun and some non-toxic paint can do :) Yeah Jax is the same he's not much of a hider and about 90% of the time he's hanging off a vine somewhere in the cage but he does use it occasionally because the foam hide keeps the warmth in really well.

yeah there pretty good never miss a feed just as long as the breeder was feeding em right and that because my current bredli is my 2nd one mu first one had a internal problem was undersized for her age and yeah i got her back on track with some help from a mate who has had snakes for a while but after 4 months she started regurgitating rats and she went off her food and i couldnt afford the vet bill for them to have a look at her and my mate tryed to help as best he could but i got up a few weeks later and checked on her and she was gone, very sad day for me it took me 3 months to buy another one if your in brisbane i couldnt recomend paul kelly enough very great bloke to deal with and wouldnt think teice about putchasing another snake from him and was to happy to sex the snake on the spot for me as i specifically wanted a male one this time round

Sent from my iPhone

Yeah i bought of Jinjajoe on this sight. Great breeder and if i ever wanted another bredli buy off him without a second thought. Good prices, good quality, are sexed, had shed (at least once), and are feeding well before advertised, are placid as, good looking bredli from great looking parents, he provides after sale advice and he's very friendly and pleasant to deal with. And he happened to have them just at the age i wanted which was 6 weeks. So i was/am 100% happy! :D:D:D

sounds pretty good i think i want an albino darwin next but im gunna have to wait till pauls breed again as hes doing them this season gunna be epic

all i gotta do on the back wall is shape and render now then cut a few holes for vents and then another hole for heat lamp i might aswell use what iv got to keep cost's down should turn out pretty good providing the render comes out close to how id want it to

Sent from my iPhone

Jesus your a fast worker :) finishing product is gonna look great and i can't wait to see it!

lol lets just say i have nothing but time right now and beleive me it doesnt take too long with a 60w soldering iron lol on tuesday il get the bits i need but glass but i dont see why this enclosure wont be finished by wednesday night depending how long the render tankes to dry i might just mix red dirt with woodglue tho might work just as good haha

Sent from my iPhone

31b2011a-e18a-833a.jpg

well im done carving all the foam the holes in that piece on the right are all filled in with bits of foam and some sealant since picture

now i just need to put a hole in the top for my heat lamp cage and make a piece to sit on top

in a few months il be doing a build on a jungle python enclosure as tomorow im picking up a julatin jungle(spelling i think i spelt it very wrong haha)

but for now i just need to seal and render this rock wall paint a few bits and pieces put glass slides in and make a little stand for it so i can see into it easily

i may just covert my 3 bay envlosure into one big enclosure as it would suite a older jumgle python very well but this one im getting is just a hatchie so its going in a tub for time being

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:
you dont sound 100% sure of how to do the grout/render layer, you dont need to seal the foam first, you seal the render when its done, check out the DIY group,

http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/groups/diy-enclosures-backgrounds-furniture-225/

there's a discussion in there called 'foamwork for all' that explains what you need, as well as other discussions that will help you through, i'd hate to see all your hard work suffer because you did things the wrong way around :)

Wow make sure to post pics of your new .... jahwfiowejiojgiow jungle when you get it ;)

cheers jax and i think im gunna grout it brother in laws gunna do it for me

and here python lover
31b20374-661a-d9d3.jpg

:) i bought it unsexxed called it lucifer even tho its got a long tail like a female python not a bad size for 4 months

Sent from my iPhone

Wow he's/she's a stunner. How's Lucifer's temperament. That long tail things got me wondering. My bredli was sold to me as a male but it has the longest tail I've ever seen on a python. Oh well I trust the breeder and i'm happy regardless of what sex.

well im gunna wait till its older before i get a friend or trusted person to probe and see for sure and cage defensive but also has had very minimal handling i dont mind if it trys to tag me fidgets too calm and easy so though the slightly more agressive one would fit the bill perfectly i no it will grow out of it my old bredli was calming down heaps every week in december il be doing up a nice enclosure for this one but not sure how im gunna go about the background for that one coz jungles are rainforesty arnt they haha???

hahaha yeah should have everything apart from glass if the shops i wanna buy the stuff from are open tomorow i think fidgets gunna love it and im waiting on a nice cheap thermo to use so lucifer isnt interupting fidgets fun fidget has deemed it okay to chill on top of lucifers tub lol is it me or is this sibling rivalry ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back