bredli envlosure build

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I miss something ? You do realise the name of this forum is Aussie PYTHONS & SNAKES don't you! Not Aussie pond jumpers and lizards!!!

If that is seriously how you feel then I hope you have a thick skin because you won't win many fans with that attitude

Last edited:
Keep the updates coming Boxhead, I love seeing them come to life. Glad you edited your post reptile girl.

what did i miss????? :/ i like ponds used to breed hudgeons for my hungry barramundi in a bath tub hahaha

i also just sold my big discus set up so i can get more snakes haha

just waiting for my aunty to come pick up these fish and pay me then of to the hardware

and jax there some good info on the posts on the first page of that link very bery very very helpful cheers

Sent from my iPhone

You didn't miss much, reptilegirl is anti snake, and likes to let it be known that's all. Glad you found the link useful, that's why the group was started... To be helpful.
Don't forget to keep the pics coming

reptilegirl has ben going on posts of people showing their pics of snakes and enclosures and saying how gross they are and that they make her wanna vomit and stuff lol i doubt she's on the right site. Oh well atleast she edited the post.

update time!!!!

first coat of off white + pva done hole drilled for heat lamp and glass slides in place XD

should come together pretty quick now

Sent from my iPhone

31b2025c-dde5-2444.jpg

Well im on my 2nd last coat

and i decided to try out a little bit of the oxide in this coat so i have an idea on how much for the next coat

se heres a picture

btw one of my friends droped round last night and asked where i bought the rock wall from hahahaha so i must be doing something right

31b205fe-4638-ba02.jpg

and yes i realise i have to go over those white patches ;)

by the end of the weekend it will be ready for glass

i decided to order a 2nd thermo off ebay cost me a grand total of $14

its just a set one with a probe il be upgrading this later on unless it proves reliable which il be using for my jungles tub so i get to see lucifer alot better (big grin)

Last edited:
tomorow i will be in the very final stages of the build pics will follow once pondtite finishes drying enough to be clear $38 for 4litres but the person at bunnings reckons they wont be getting any more didnt say why

jeez its come out better then i was expecting!

fidgets gunna be one happy bredli

Sent from my iPhone

31b2057c-e88b-da13.jpg

just waiting for pondtite to fully cure its touch dry now but i can still smell it glass on monday and im thinking of putting a fan on it for a fee days to see if that helps the weather right now is crap it hasnt stoped raining all weekend

so far so good tho

Sent from my iPhone

31b20893-1daf-d083.jpg

all done for now might add some more pondtite in places hopefully im not gunna have a issue with the heat emitter sitting so close te the rock wall( one of my many measurement errors haha cant have a build up with out a few problems tho haha)
all in all its come out pretty good cant wait to start lilth's enclosure (found out that its a she not a he so had to give her an apropriate name coz a female named lucifer just didnt sit right with me hahaha

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:
Bredli Enclosure Build(edited end post to have a bit more details of how i did it)

31b2024a-2d9e-ab34.jpg

all moved in yay

Sent from my iPhone

could a moderator please put this as the opening post on this thread for me pretty please haha

so i started with a old corner kitchen cabinet that measures 88 x 88 x 70cm(re measured and it was actually 10cm bigger lol

anyways i started with a whole bunch of styrofoam box's that i got from the local fruit place near my place and cut em up and used liquid nails to stick em on the the back and made a layer of it along the back
IMG_1700.jpg
then i did another layer and started carving peices with a stanly blade and a soldering iron(which crapped it self not too long after i started carving and kept flicking the saftey switch off)
IMG_1719.jpg
then i used a 250ml cup and measured out 750 ml of water 250ml of pva glue and 2 containers of off white concrete and used a normal paint brush to paint it all on over the foam
IMG_1751.jpg
then i did a layer of 250ml water 250ml of pva and a 500ml worth of the off white concrete

then i went a bit thicker again for the second last coat and added a bit of oxide

then same mix again but with alot more oxide
IMG_1752.jpg
and finnally i used about 900ml of bondal pondtite and put it in one of those hand sprayer thingy's that bunnings sells for $1.30 and just sprayed away once the concrete had set over night (i think in places i sprayed a bit much of it and ended up with a thicker layer then other places but oh well it turned out nicely
IMG_1764.jpg
screwed the branch and the light cage in fitted the slides and test fitted glass

i let it cure for a few days untill i couldnt smell it much and moved it up stairs put the glass in permanantly put a bag of krittlers crumble(i think thats what the stuff is called) turned the thermo on and let it warm up (ceramic heat emitters take alot longer to then the infared lights do and throw the heat alot less i think)

and my bredli in there having a nice rest on his branch

IMG_1781.jpg

and all set up and running with my hatchling jungle in her tub (just waiting for thermo to rock up and il be doing another build for her next enclosure but she and her tub are going into fidgets old enclosure for the time being(once the thermo actually rocks up)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back