breeders choice

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ether

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Were does everyone get their breeders chpice from? Right now i am using bark but i am thinking of switching to breeders choice.

From a wholesaler but I buy great big bags and the difference in price to most supermarkets is marginal. When your at the supermarket check the price and compare because sometimes the smaller bags work out cheaper but not always.
Peter

its used as a form of substrate its made out of recycled paper and looks like smalll pellets

Oh oh, you took african's bait Agamidea :lol:
Everytime BC comes up, which has been many times before, he throws that in!
He knows exactly what it is. :twisted:

does everyone think breeders choice is better than other forms of substrates ie. paper marine carpet? anything else people use?

i luv newspaper simply for the ease of cleaning and hygene. with newspaper u are using a completely new and clean piece every time, with marine carpet you gotta make sure you clean it well enuf to get all bacteria and smells out...which is fine if u can be bothered! must say it does look better tho - i would most likely use that if i was to make a feature of an enclosure! no offence phil :shock:

newspaper is the only way to go i reckon if you have quite a few snakes...

No offence taken Zoester :) So you prefer the cleanliness of newspaper, perhaps you could show me a newspaper that doesn't discolour your snake with the newsprint ink that invariably gets all over them :) Also, once disinfected and returned to the enclosure all that marine carpet has come into contact with is your own hands whereas newspaper..........................

lol you snippy ba$tard your evil snake is turning you bad! somebody call the priest!

now what is this ur saying about ink getting all over ur snakies? dont think thats happened to mine yet... :? ya bloody nutcase :wink:

Ever looked at ya hands after spending a half hour reading the paper? All that blackstuff is newsprint so ya cant tell me that a snake can slither around on it all day and night and it doesn't get on it's skin. Not saying this is harmful because, quite frankly, I don't know that it is but ya can't tell me it doesn't happen :)

ya bloody nutcase

That's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me :)

yeah fair enuf im just saying i aint ever SEEN it discolour one. :)
now do u read the age or herald sun cos strangely enuf i find i get a LOT more ink on my fingers after flicking thru the age than the herald sun! (and i use the herald for my snakies) lol. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back