Breeding Advice

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stretch

Reaction score
Hello Gorgeous people. It's me again! Making an appearance hehehe

First up, All is FANTASTIC in my world. FINALLY finished my probation year and get my first stripe on 29th of this month. All assignments and medicals DONE DONE DONE!!! That means my days off are mine!! WOOHOOO! (That means, get used to seeing me back here again...)

And to top it off..the rosters lady called me today and told me I am on the silver licence driving course next week! Three days of driving cars really fast! Double WOOHOO...

Anyhow, on to herp stuff. I can't remember if I asked this here prior to now, but I am in a quandry with my boy and girl Bredli. I intend to mate them in September. Now Colt (boy) is in the larger enclosure as he is larger...Buffy (girl...no der) is in the smaller one. Many people have told me that you should put the boy into the girls enclosure when introducing them. Buffy is a cranky cow in her enclosure...whereas Colt is pretty laid back. I don't want to put either of them at risk of harm..What do I do??

I have a partition for the larger enlcosure which means they could both be in the larger enclosure now, see each other through the partition, and come September I could take the paritition out to allow for some loving.

What do you guys think of this?? Any other ideas?

Sue

Sue,
I don't really pay much attention at all to who I put into who's enclosure. I'm of the firm belief that a willling snake will just about mate wherever and whenever they can.
The only time I selectively use an enclosure is with my olives where I put a male with a female into a cage which has just housed a different boy. Male olives go wild when they sense the presence of another male.
Keep an eye on your male for any increased activity and 'pacing' up and down his cage, thats usually a good indication he knows theres a female about.
Good luck

The partition idea sounds like a plan to me stretchy babe :) She'll have time to settle in to her new surroundings if you move her now and, come September...well, we're all adults here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back