breeding bredli & b&g jungles

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakeitup

Reaction score
hi guys
Can anyone who is breeding bredli or jungles give me some information on it i.e size an age of snake, when you start cooling, warming the cage, introducing the snakes, temp of incubating the eggs and time it takes for the eggs to hatch. also what sort of incubators are used--cheers

hi,
most snakes hatch at 28 to 32 deg, you can use lots of different incubators, not sure on bredli, but jungles are the same as most carpets,

cheers,
steve......

2.5 to 3 years until sexual maturity is fairly normal though contition of snake is most important
jungles and bredli have similar breeding conditions, about 20 days after ovulation takes place(you will see visible lumps,eggs, move down the body over 24 hours) the female will shed her skin. about 25-35 days later she will lay her eggs and they should hatch between 60-65 days after that (sometimes can take a few weeks longer)

hi,
that really is up to you, people do it both ways with success, not sure on jungles or bredli's but i know with childreni's, maccies and stimmy's they do,

cheers,
steve........

hi,
a friends darwin eggs hatched between 60 and 66 days last season, not sure on temps though, i've got my temps for my coastal eggs set between 29 and 31 deg,
xmas eve will be day 50, so i'll have more idea then,

cheers,
steve........

Diamond_Dan said:
I was wondering whether the breeding pair can be housed together all year round or are they just introduced when the time is right.

the parents of my boy bredli have been together since he was a yearling (she's eight and his five) and have bred the last two years no worries

have been advised by doc rock not to keep pairs together though as it can be a bit of a risk during feeding times and any dominance issues between the snakes can affect health

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back