breeding loan mix up.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirby

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
no names to be mentioned.

my dragon, which was entrusted as a breeding loan. has been sold off. what would your course of action be?

go nuts at the person who did it, lol.
if it was a breeding loan, there should have been a contract? do what ever was written on that

thats why you dont make breeding deals with anyone. if you dont own a pair, then dont breed. guess you can only get the amount of money that your reptile was sold for, thats if you trust the person is being truthfull with the amount they tell you they sold it for. then put this down to experience and remember not to let the greed of money from breeding sway you to make the same mistake again. trust no one

I'd be demanding it back, sounds like a crock of **** to me that it would 'just happen to be mixed up'.

Holey moley, that's no good Kirby.

dude that sucks!! maybe you could track down the buyer and explain what happened. i'd hate to say it but you would probably have to pay them to get it back even then only if they agreed.
I think ur stuck! maybe ask the person you lent it to to give you some free babies as compensation or at least the money they got from selling ur dragon!

I'd just pop into your local cop shop and see what they have to say about the matter. Convincing them to have a little chat with the guy might just make them a little more 'helpful'.

If I buy a stolen car unknowingly, the car is returned to its owner. It's my bad luck. Same would go here, just harder proving it was yours etc.

Certainly an ugly situation to be in however.

Good luck.

Shmacky

Depends, if you think it's a genuine mistake then I'd be demanding they sort it out quick smart with who ever they sold it to & get back your animal, if you feel you have been conned then i'd seek legal advice & take it from there.

Oh gees, I hope it isn't the beardie I am thinking it is. Shocking. Just one of the reasons I don't do breeding loans, you just can't trust some people.

If you have written proof of the contract, I'd definitely seek legal advice. The police won't do anything, it isn't a theft, its more of a breach of contract if in fact there was a contract.

Hope you find adequate resolution, completely sucks :(

Take it to the police. People shouldn't be able to get away with this sort of thing. How do you accidentally sell a BD???

i have spoken with the person who now owns the dragon, and am awaiting a reply from the person who sold it.

i do very much feel bad for the new owner. could you imagin being in that situation?

i moved house, and had to sell up, give away or loan, my entire collection. now im stable and building it back up. and now to find this out. jesus christ, is no body decent these days with reptiles?

Oh gees, I hope it isn't the beardie I am thinking it is. Shocking. Just one of the reasons I don't do breeding loans, you just can't trust some people.

If you have written proof of the contract, I'd definitely seek legal advice. The police won't do anything, it isn't a theft, its more of a breach of contract if in fact there was a contract.

Hope you find adequate resolution, completely sucks :(

yeah, she is in good hands now tho. this needs to be dealt with.

i have a history of Private messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back