Bring back the cane!!!!!??????? for the juvenile problem

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That attitude is why I hope you don't get one.
Guns are not for self defense, they are for putting delicious animals in your belly:).
Oh I'll be getting one alright, and it'll help me change your opinion :)

Well if the no hope parents are letting their kids run wild and refuse to discipline them or are unable to discipline them (for whatever reason).....and their kids are preying on society and spreading fear amongst the good people ......then i feel it is up to society to take over and remove that neglected right of their parents (or should i say obligation) and teach them respect. and if force and violence is the only thing they will respect then so be it. These ratbags are running free and wild in our town while good people are too afraid to go out......and that IMO is just wrong

Couldn't agree more.

Really? I dunno having my own rifles hasn't made me feel any safer in my own home. They have help to make me feel less bored (trips to the range) and full (trips to the bush):D, but never safer, what makes me feel safe is the police station 2 minutes drive from my house.

Last thing shooters need is some fool killing sombody with a legally owned gun.
Do you wanna be known as the guy who got firearm ownership banned in Australia?

The baby bonus has a lot to answer for. Just encourages the scummiest ones to breed so they can get a windfall to feed their addiction, be it alcohol, drugs etc

I was also watching a doco about some of the worst killers in Australia. Seems they had a very violent father and the mother couldn't care less what the kids did. So, the mixed messages that the kids were getting seemed to send them down the wrong path. No excuse though, everyone has a choice in life.

PEOPLE get two words CONFUSED ......SMACKING(1) - is just that a smack or two across the bum is a form of punishment that fits the situation of the moment .. It is very acceptable and does work ...
what doesnt work and will NEVER be tolerated is BASHING(2) ..so flogging ,bashing etc using major force on your child/children for punishment isnt right and THAT is when the law should step in to save the child ..in extreme cases ..
not because mum or dad gave Johnny a SMACK on the bum because he wasnt doing the right thing at home or where ever ..

You know there are PARENTS out there that may never smack their child ,but abuse comes in many a form ..ignoring your childs emotional needs and displaying an act of not ever caring ,giving into tantrums because the parent doesnt want a scene..and BUYING material things because of guilt IS FAR WORSE ABUSE and causes ADULT problems in life then any little smack on the bum ever did ...

EMOTIONAL ABUSE IS A SILENT ONE ..GENERAL PUBLIC NEVER GET TO SEE ....UNTILL HE /SHE GOES TO SCHOOL AND BLOWS AWAY THEIR PEERS AND THEN THEMSELVES ...OR TURN INTO DRUG DEPENDENT JUNKIES WHO SELL THEIR ARZES TO GET A FIX OR COMMIT CRIME TO GET IT ...these bruises wont show up till it is way to late ...so just because you dont believe in physical punishment ,it doesnt mean the non hands on way is any better .... Kids need to know that you give a damn about them and just because you dont like them today ,because of their behaviour,doesnt ever mean you stop loving them ..

:p lol@ moose

Could get known a the first guy to get stabbed to death by a group of angry gun nuts, lol!

I agree flog the living christ out of them, If they dont comply shoot them!!

LOL....I went to one of the last schools in adelaide with the cane and i tell you what i soon learnt all about punishment and to this day i still fear the cane haha

I had a cane break on me once. A pretty hard task considering the evil mongrels kept it in a tall jug of water behind the head principals door :lol:

They had another less painful disciplinery tool at their disposal called "the strap". The trouble is with that is you used to leave the prinipals office more in giggles than in tears.....that thing was useless! :D

i read with interest that the government wants to make parents responsible for the actions of their child/ren

my first thought was no way, what if the parent has genuinely tried their best but just has a feral child, then i thought well maybe give it a go and see what happens

someone said children had no respect for themselves let alone anyone else and i agree with that, they also have this belief that the world owes 'THEM', owes them what exactly?and the absolute filth that comes out of their mouths some days has me itching to wash it out with soap

they have life to easy these days and they know it, they also know that the law is an *** and they just laugh at it, these days having a 'rap sheet' is a status symbol to most of them

and for some of the most horrendous of crimes should be an instant jail term and im talking about things like robbing, attacking, bashing up the elderly, these people deserve to be treated with respect and if a feral teenager wont give it to them then slap them in jail as they dont deserve to roam free in society

drug related = 5 years BEFORE they get sentenced for their crime
alcohol related = as above
any violent act on the elderly = 10 years BEFORE they get sentenced for their
crime

vandalism = made to work till they pay it off, preferably on a chain gang and cleaning the streets if needed

Thank god you have absolutely no authority!

I would be in jail for atleast 15 years under your regime and i recon most of Australia would be too lol!

i read with interest that the government wants to make parents responsible for the actions of their child/ren

my first thought was no way, what if the parent has genuinely tried their best but just has a feral child, then i thought well maybe give it a go and see what happens

someone said children had no respect for themselves let alone anyone else and i agree with that, they also have this belief that the world owes 'THEM', owes them what exactly?and the absolute filth that comes out of their mouths some days has me itching to wash it out with soap

they have life to easy these days and they know it, they also know that the law is an *** and they just laugh at it, these days having a 'rap sheet' is a status symbol to most of them

and for some of the most horrendous of crimes should be an instant jail term and im talking about things like robbing, attacking, bashing up the elderly, these people deserve to be treated with respect and if a feral teenager wont give it to them then slap them in jail as they dont deserve to roam free in society

drug related = 5 years BEFORE they get sentenced for their crime
alcohol related = as above
any violent act on the elderly = 10 years BEFORE they get sentenced for their
crime

vandalism = made to work till they pay it off, preferably on a chain gang and cleaning the streets if needed

My friend has a house in Palmerston (outskirts of Darwin) he was sick of getting broken into and his hard earned stuff stolen.

He works some nights and is worried for his wife and kids at home alone esp with some of the recent goings on.

He now has a surrounding 6 foot fence with with razor wire on top he also has two dogs that roam the place.

Just so he can have peace of mind and his family can feel safe.

I suppose in effect it is kind of like his family is in jail.....

I am sure there would be many other stories like this. Esp old people who live in fear as easy victims...prisoners in their own homes.

I hear some people have stopped using their aircon at night so they can hear if someone is around.....sad state of affairs

Last edited:
bring back the cane - i got the cane once when i was a kid after that it was outlawed pitty that some of my teachers at school would have loved to belt me !!!
i was told by a fellow student before i received the cane to wash my hands under cold water for 10 mins ( making my hand numb ) !!
it didnt work i i got 6 canings on each hand !!

years later i was busted with Hydrocycline trying to blow up the school toilets. but wsa busted by the head science teacher mixing the chemicals !!!

Last edited:
I'm 14 and I do get introuble but I don't understand how teenagers Gould burn down a house killing two people. If I ever did that (not that I would even think about doing such a thing) I would want to be sent to jail fir the rest if my life.

You see on the news everyweek a youth has done something like stabbing, arson etc and all that they get is 1 year in jail. I think that we should be under the same laws and sentences or what ever it is as adults are.

We are old enough to know what we are doing and that burning down someones house is completely wrong. But I think people that do these kind of things have something very wrong in their lives and we need to help them. I know punishment dosent work for me but who knows a 30 year jail sentence might help them. So yeah I think we should be put onto that same laws or what ever it is as adults are on.

Ben

it seems that the first post is putting most teens into the fact that if they walk around at night as a groupe there looking to make trouble... and that just not true me and my mates walk around in a groupe at like 2am somtimes and were not out to make trouble of hurt anybody.... maybe alittle mischeif here and there but nothing that could hurt anyone.... so maybe you shouldnt just asume that all teens that walk around in goupes at night are out to cause trouble and hurt people..

just my two cents,....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back