Brisbane reptile spots

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yommy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Bewtween the Central and Mid North Coast - NSW
Hi all,

just a quick one. I'm on holidays in brisbane from the NT and as much fun as it is hanging out at the mother-inlaws :twisted: (though she does have broadband for accessing this site :p ) not having my herps near i'm getting withdrawals. :( Does anyone from Brisbane know of pet stores or reptile specific shops i could go check out :?: Any help would be appreciated, we're off to check out the Aussie Zoo soon so I can't wait for that just need to fill the space in between...

Thanks in advance

pet superstore, staffod rd at staffod...just reptiles, 10cook st booval..
i hope you understand that queensland pet stores can only sell childreni snakes.
but all lizards. at stafford, speak to maria.

Thanks chameleon
I have a breeding trio of childerni to which a good friend is caring for my hatchlings while i'm away and i am in the process of getting onto some stimsoni which really interest me, so it will be good to see the variation between what we get up at home to whats down south.
I'll check them both out.

Thanks chameleon.
I heard that about only the childreni family thing, will that change in the future? When I lived back in QLD a few years ago you couldn't even get snakes so i guess it's a start. In the NT pet stores have everything from snakes, lizards, turtles and even crocs which is cool.
I have a breeding trio of childerni to which a good friend is caring for my hatchlings while i'm away and i am in the process of getting onto some stimsoni which really interest me, so it will be good to see the variation between what we get up at home to whats down south.
I'll check them both out, thanks again...

hey yommy
if you make it to ipswich which is south of brissy, i think its about 1/2 an hour to an hours drive theres a place called "just reptiles".. sharyn's the lady to talk too.. i'm pretty sure she doesnt keep any reptiles on display... but if you ask her nice enough she should let you see them she may even be a member of APS.. anyway heres the website..
http://www.justreptiles.com.au/

good luck with it all..
Megz

the childreni thing will change eventually but when we will never know.
queensland is nowhere near as relaxed as other states(with any law!)
if one wants other snakes then one must go elsewhere.
you can sell any reptile in queensland(native of course) in the trading post or herpshop
or whatever and you dont pay tax.
but petshops cant sell any snake except childreni species....

Heh! Love the hat on the lizard on that site, Reptilegirl! Very cute! :)

Pet City, Wishart Rd, Wishart. Is Pretty good for reptiles as far as Brisbane goes. Wishart is a south eastern suburb.

There's also a place called Everything Reptile at Manly Road, Manly West.

Just a quick update, i got to check out 3 out of the 4 shops mentioned above: just reptiles in ippy was shut over the chrissy break so i'll check them out when i get back from NSW B4 we fly back out to Darwin.
Pet City was massive with heaps of accessories but only hatchies.
Pet superstore at Stafford was excellent and maria was really good to talk to and they had a variety from hatchies through to juvies from childrens,mac's and a real nice stimmie,
but 'Everything reptiles' at manly was the best, the fellas there were really good to talk to, heaps of info, but the thing i liked best was they had their adults on display to get a real impression of the size they can get and great colouration in their animals too. When i come back to brisvegas from my stint in the NT in 07 i'd defineately deal with them and maria. It's good to speak to people who are really keen on reptiles in general then someone just trying to flog them off, keep up the good work, it's guys like these that exposure the joys of reptiles to the general public, if your in Brisbane there worth the drive to have a look and even buy.
The road trip's now off to NSW and a trip to the australian reptile park near gosford, can't wait for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back