Broken scales!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rindles

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

A couple of things. I have a spotted python, he will be 3 in January. I changed jobs and I am now away a lot more than I was when I first got my lil dude. I can't take him out as much anymore and I've noticed he has started snapping at me over the last few months. Not sure if it is age related or the fact I haven't handled him as much as I would have liked.

So firstly, I'm in two minds about keeping him. I think he could be happier in a different home :(

Secondly, he snapped angrily at the glass tank (towards me) the other night. I noticed today two of his scales on the top of his nose have lifted off. I wonder if it is the force of head butting the glass or if this is something else that I should get a vet to check out??

Any help would be much appreciated. I am sad that I'm in this situation with him :'(

Thanks
Rin

hi and welcome to the forum :)
As long as your taking good care of him I don't think you need to rehome him, and more handling wouldn't necessarily make him happier.try using a small snake hook when taking him out of the enclosure as being grabbed by hands make snakes more likely to strike at you. how much he is fed and how regularly can factor in too. I'd suggest putting some sort of cover on the front of the enclosure to calm him as people walking nearby can unnerve them as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back