Brown tree snake egg temps?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesjr

Reaction score
Hi, would like to hear from anyone that has successfully hatched brown tree snake eggs,
what temperatures were used and how long eggs took to hatch at those temps?

cheers

I haven't done BT's but i have done keelbacks, i kept them at about 26-7 but i can't remember how long they took to hatch.

Hatched my one lone egg @ 31c , forgot how long it took to hatch but around 80 - 85+ days. only 3 eggs where layed and two was dodgy.. I should have better luch this year all going well :D
The hatchy is now around 10 months old and evil as all hell , lol

Thanks alot to everyone who replied, very helpful.
Did anyone have any trouble getting hatchies feeding?

cheers

Like i said it wasn't BT's but the prob i had with the keelbacks was i was feeding too large items. They also can't go as long without food as hatchling pythons.

31 degrees and approximately 60 degrees, all eggs hatched (from memory about 12). I didn't get a chance to have trouble getting them feeding as they all died within three days of hatching for totally unknown reasons. There were over a hundred hatchling snakes in the same rack as them, with very few deaths from other species.

Thanks alot to everyone who replied, very helpful.
Did anyone have any trouble getting hatchies feeding?

cheers

I used day old finches then onto mice with reverse senting... worked a treat , I may even try it with some painfull other hatchys this year

thanks alot everyone,
good luck with your hatchies Scleropages

cheers

I've incubated them at about 28 degrees and 31 degrees (for memory). Off the top of my head I can't remember incubation times, but it was longer than I expected. I also tried a range of humidities, and it seems nothing can stop them from hatching.

The hatchlings were some of the nastiest feeders I've ever had the misfortune of working with. I don't remember any of them being even as good as horribly difficult. I think the only one which fed voluntarily in its first few feeds was one which ate a sibling (killing both of them). If I'd tried using live lizards or frogs it might have been a different story.

What feed did you use Sdaji?

I've incubated them at about 28 degrees and 31 degrees (for memory). Off the top of my head I can't remember incubation times, but it was longer than I expected. I also tried a range of humidities, and it seems nothing can stop them from hatching.

The hatchlings were some of the nastiest feeders I've ever had the misfortune of working with. I don't remember any of them being even as good as horribly difficult. I think the only one which fed voluntarily in its first few feeds was one which ate a sibling (killing both of them). If I'd tried using live lizards or frogs it might have been a different story.

Thanks alot to everyone who replied to this thread. These little guys started to hatch today.
Female layed 4 eggs,1 went off in the first week and 1 more went off half way through.
I went with 26c and they went 100 days which i thought was quiet long. I will post some more
pics once there out.

Thanks again
hatchie brow tree..jpghatchie brow tree.jpgbrown tree female 3.jpg1.jpg

Good to see more of these in captivity, Bts are a close favourate of mine congrats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back