Brown Tree Snake Feeding (alternate foods)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonL

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
I currently own 5 BTS and all eat fine on rodents, I was just wondering if anyone has got them eating other food items as of late I have been trying different foods on some of my snakes. I have got my DeVis to eat beef / lamb strips, chicken necks, whitebait ect but BTS are being difficult.... which surprises me somewhat

they eat lots of frogs at my house i see them stalking the green tree frogs and grabbing them at night

I'd be very surprised if you couldn't get them to take quail or finches without too much hassle.

they eat lots of frogs at my house i see them stalking the green tree frogs and grabbing them at night

lol, everything eats frogs... but they spread parasites like no mans business...

where can you buy a pack of frozen finches from lol... ?

There's a place that sells Quail in Pendle Hill if you can't find finches ;)

Mine will eat anything , even roo mince in a dish.
when I bred them I started the babys on hatchy zebra finches , now a few years latter they just eat rats and mice.

Yeah, thats what I have been trying to achieve without any luck, they are great feeders.... but not on roo mince lol

lol, everything eats frogs... but they spread parasites like no mans business...

where can you buy a pack of frozen finches from lol... ?
I had trouble finding frozen ones but live ZF's are easy to acquire, just freeze them to get rid of any potential parasites

Yeah, thats what I have been trying to achieve without any luck, they are great feeders.... but not on roo mince lol

Feed them mice or small rats if you can jason,anything else is just a backward step.

I used zebs to get one of my problem feeders going, but now just mice for mine. I have one male that traditionally leaves his food overnight, until about 5-6am the next day when I'm leaving for work and hammers it.

My BTSs took a wile to feed on chicken necks( not that I feed them chicken necks that often)... just keep trying , one day they will start and never look back , it took longer for me to get spotteds and carpets on chicken necks than the BTSs

My BTSs took a wile to feed on chicken necks( not that I feed them chicken necks that often)... just keep trying , one day they will start and never look back , it took longer for me to get spotteds and carpets on chicken necks than the BTSs

So there is hope, thats the response I wanted... My Small pythons love chicken necks, and the BHPs go bananas over them, I have found about 50% of morelias eat them first attempt.. and I thought the BTS should eat them being common bird eaters... I'll keep persisting ;)v

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back