Brown Tree Snake Night tiger with pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

greggles91

Reaction score
Hey every one,

Some of you may already know from my other thread but i'm the proud new dad of a Brown tree snake night tiger Who i have named Scar.

I have named him Scar cause he's a total conniving little bugger and in very evil! :p i've only had him for a week and the times i have handled him during the day he's been a dream to handle.. plenty of pics bellow. BUT come night fall he hates me.

this is because i've tried to see if he would feed a few times with no luck as the majority of the time he goes for my fingers or bashes his head on the glass going for my face! so after i notice he has no interest in the food i have been leaving it in there (still doesn't eat it over night) and leaving him alone.... but that doesn't mean he want to leave me alone.. he stays in his striking position watching me as i move around my room in the dark occasionally trying to strike at me... i get into bed and as my eyes adjust to the darkness i can still see him watching me in an 'S' attack stance. lol :evil:

Just thinking of letting him settle in better so not trying to feed or handle him for a week or two and ill see how it goes from there.hopefully he will have a decent feed soon after. that should be right shouldn't it?

Anyway overall i do like this fella quite a bit. the few times i handled him was enjoyable, he's beautiful and my favourite part about him is that he doesn't use the hide i put in there for him at all. just curls up around the plants i put in and hides his head in the dark and thats it!(he must think if his head is hidden so is he..) love it!

anyway enjoy the pictures!

Greg

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 268
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 235
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 280
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    156.5 KB · Views: 241
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 286
  • photo 1-1.jpg
    photo 1-1.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 238
  • photo 2-1.jpg
    photo 2-1.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 242
wow gorgeous night tiger
tree snakes are awesome

thanks man! :)

Spoke to soon!! for the first time i woke up and scar was in the hide... :facepalm: haha

Awesome Night Tiger mate. I have 2 of them at home and they both turn into the Devil incarnate after night fall. I wouldn't worry too much as handling them both regularly seems to be changing their attitude.

dude that things like a gecko sticking to the roof like its nothing :p

Haha ye did rotate pics sorry! And ye he and all night tigers are awesome! :) he shed fri night.. Colours are beautiful!

Didn't want to start a whole new post so thought id just update every one on this one. He is still not feeding. I've tried braining, scenting the fuzzy mouse with rats, placing fuzzies in different parts of his enclosure including in his hide and feeding with tongs, but nothing yet.

after 2 months i assist fed him and he seems fine with it. i just pull him out put the fuzzie right in front of his face and he opens up n seems happy to latch on and swallow a couple.

so i my question is, since he is assist feeding now how can i get him to feed normally? should i just stop feeding him again try get him to feed normally?.. wait 3 or 4 months (or longer) before assist feeding again?

What I would do is wait until he sheds next, then do not disturb him at all for a few weeks and try offering him a feed - go for a smallish prey item that he hasn't smelt before like quail.

Just so you know I am not an expert when it comes to these guys, this is just how I would go about getting him to feed.

What I would do is wait until he sheds next, then do not disturb him at all for a few weeks and try offering him a feed - go for a smallish prey item that he hasn't smelt before like quail.

Just so you know I am not an expert when it comes to these guys, this is just how I would go about getting him to feed.[/QUOTE

ok ill have to give that a try! Although he shed Afew weeks after having him and I tried feeding him a week after that and nothing. Hopefully the quail does the trick. :)

Keep in mind that he hasnt the slow metabolism of a python and cant go weeks without food like they can. Keep a close eye on his condition while you are "fasting" him.

Keep in mind that he hasnt the slow metabolism of a python and cant go weeks without food like they can. Keep a close eye on his condition while you are "fasting" him.

Yeah sorry I should have pointed this out, only fast him if he has some weight on him

ye i know, he's not to skinny but he is not at all fat. probably more skinny if anything.. i assist feed him ever second or third day. tbh i don't mind it at all, if its what i have to do to keep him healthy, i'm not at all fussed. the main reason i want to get him feeding properly is incase the assist feeding is stressing him out. do you think it may be causing to much stress?

Greggles, my new girl did the same thing after I got her. She wouldn't eat for about 3 weeks until I assist fed her. Like you I tried everything from braining to gutting to just about making a puppet out of it and bouncing it in her face. I finally got her to feed by herself after putting 2 defrosted pinkies in one of those vibrating dishes and watching her. It was almost like flicking a switch because she went nuts and nabbed both in a couple of minutes.

I don't know if it mimicked live food as I wasn't going to go down that road but she is fine now and polishes any pinky or fuzzy mouse I plonk in front of her

Greggles, my new girl did the same thing after I got her. She wouldn't eat for about 3 weeks until I assist fed her. Like you I tried everything from braining to gutting to just about making a puppet out of it and bouncing it in her face. I finally got her to feed by herself after putting 2 defrosted pinkies in one of those vibrating dishes and watching her. It was almost like flicking a switch because she went nuts and nabbed both in a couple of minutes.

I don't know if it mimicked live food as I wasn't going to go down that road but she is fine now and polishes any pinky or fuzzy mouse I plonk in front of her

This is an awesome idea!! especially for tree snakes as, from my understanding and experience, their feeding response is more likely to be activated by movement.

ill get onto it asap n let you all know how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back