brown tree snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

insectovor

Reaction score
This morning I found a brown tree snake on my boss's drive way, It had its head reared up and bark stuck in its mouth.
I took the bark out and took the snake to the shed. It has these weird aweful spasms. I write this about 6 hours after I caught it and it seems to be recovering. The pupils were dialating at the start of the day so I was thinking of poisoning possibly a cane toad. The snake might have attempted to eat it and then spit it out. If anyone has any suggestions please put them forward Because I'd like to give this snake a good christmas.

Insectovor

All you can really do for it mate is set it up like a regular captive snake with hide boxes, water and heating (or cooling, depends where you are). Chances are there won't be many vets open till the new year is here...

where do you live?
some vets are open on emergercy.

Let us know how it fares insectovor, I like to hear it recovered and you released it to live another day. :wink:

just set it up as a captive with lots and lots of climbing area, with hides situated in the branches off the ground. imo they like a higher then normal humidity so maybe a mist wouldn't go a stray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back