Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuscus

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
In the ironically named sunshine coast, surrounded
Late night callout netted this guy from a lounge room. Depth of field leaves a lot to be desired but you can still see its a speccy animal. She wanted to rip my nads off too!

Attachments

• DSC_8838.JPG
    DSC_8838.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 160
  • DSC_8844.JPG
    DSC_8844.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 146
What are you're nads doing near that mouth:)?! Don't worry, you can tell me, I can keep a secret.

Ummmm Gumby question but.... It's a what????

Ahhh I wondered if it was BTS, but I haven't seen enough of them to recognise them on sight. :oops:

Ahhh I wondered if it was BTS, but I haven't seen enough of them to recognise them on sight. :oops:[/Q

Not certain you'd get them that far west (Inverell), Gruni, I believe they are more coastal. Someone may be able to confirm? (where's Mr Eipper when you need him:))

I meant in images, I have only seen one tree snake in real life and that was when I was in Ballina. It was very brown and not nearly as interesting as the CTS pic I posted last night in the other thread, but that was YEARS ago before I was really into snakes and how to ID them. The relocator felt it was harmless enough to let me release it,.. which didn't involve touching the snake anyway but rather just opening the bag and sliding it out near a tree. :lol:

Forgive my ignorance as I'm just a python guy. But are BTS more aggro than GTS, and do they have any venom?

Beautiful snake BTW

The Brown Tree Snake (Boiga irregularis) is generally considerably more defensive than a Common Tree Snake (Dendrelaphis punctulatus). They tend to rear up into this highly defensive strike position particularly when agitated or when they feel threatened.
Yes, they have mild venom, although they're rear-fanged, so it's not easy for them to envenomate people. They need to have a good chew to get the venom injected into the prey/victim.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back