Building my enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonMini

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Started putting it together today still got parts on order but will add new photos as it progresses
It is 900x500x500

yhybatyn.jpg

Looking good mate. What are you doing for doors and heating? just curious. keep us updates, Cheers

Hamish

Have a dimming thermostat that will control a blue or red heat light and a white light on timer.
Doors will be sliding glass or Perspex, waiting on tracks for them.
Just waiting for things to arrive in the mail

looks good to me. id go with glass over perspex just for cost, 5mm thick glass will be more the strong enough for anything that will go in a 4ft enclosure. and at less the half the cost.

Also, glass looks heaps better than perspex, especially when it's got a few years on it.
Looks good so far:)

Id change that fake grass to a different substrate. Some people use it but its a pain in the *** to clean properly, especially when urea dries onto it. News paper is great for maintenance because you can just change it but it doesnt look as nice. Some sort of wood chips or other substrate would be best for Aesthetics and it can be changed as necessary.

Other than that though its looking good. Keep up the photos.

Where abouts do you get them vents from for the enclosure as I'm in the process of making my own???

Where abouts do you get them vents from for the enclosure as I'm in the process of making my own???

you can get them at bunnings aswell. They are Im think $2-$3. I was going to get them then changed my mind. Now I know what they look like in the enclosure I think i will go get some :).

What have you used to seal the timber, and did you remember to seal all the joins :)
Don't forget to let it air out for a week or two. Some sealers and silicon can release some intense fumes. Oh, and test run it empty for a week in the location that it will 'live' and test the temps a different times of the day before putting your snake in there

What have you used to seal the timber, and did you remember to seal all the joins :)
Don't forget to let it air out for a week or two. Some sealers and silicon can release some intense fumes. Oh, and test run it empty for a week in the location that it will 'live' and test the temps a different times of the day before putting your snake in there

Used a kitchen grade stain to seal it, figured that would be safest and as I don't actually have a snake lined up yet it will have plenty of time to air out :)

I have my thermostat set to 32 during the day and 30 at night on the warm end, because I've only installed the glass today I'm not sure what temps It's gonna hold on the cool side but do have a digital thermometer there to check in the later pics you can see the small black bits on the walls, they are the thermometer bits, I am also thinking of having a blackish tile under the headlamp as a warm spot on the ground...
9uvy3y6u.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back