Building my enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally would drop the night temp by about 10c - and eliminate it totally once the snake is older and a tile is a good idea but watch the temp on the tile, it could get warm enough to burn delicate under bellys. I would also silicone the joins, you'll be amazed where they smear their poo and the urine will run into the joins and stink the place out. It will make cleaning a lot easier.
Make sure too that you put a small screw or two in each vent. Don't rely on glue, it warms up, softens, it gets movement, snake works it loose- instant escape, I noticed you're thinking of a stimmie, small snakes are great at find small escape routes :)
What size have you made the enclosure? It's looking good so far

Last edited:
I personally would drop the night temp by about 10c - and eliminate it totally once the snake is older and a tile is a good idea but watch the temp on the tile, it could get warm enough to burn delicate under bellys. I would also silicone the joins, you'll be amazed where they smear their poo and the urine will run into the joins and stink the place out. It will make cleaning a lot easier.
Make sure too that you put a small screw or two in each vent. Don't rely on glue, it warms up, softens, it gets movement, snake works it loose- instant escape, I noticed you're thinking of a stimmie, small snakes are great at find small escape routes :)
What size have you made the enclosure? It's looking good so far

Tile is just warm to touch after the whole day and with the glass the cool end is a nice 27-28c.
I used liquid nails on all the joins so there were no gaps when it was built, also used it on the vents so shouldn't have a problem but might screw some mesh on the outside to prevent Houdini tricks.
Thanks

Cool end should be as cool as you can get it, 10c or more difference from the warm end is the normal recommendation, they will self regulate where they need to be, they don't enjoy being constantly warm.
Glad you sealed the joins and I'm sorry if it sounded like I was picking fault, that wasn't/isn't my intention. I'd just hate for you to discover down the track that you forgot something basic :)
Mesh and screws sounds like cheap insurance to me

Where abouts do you get them vents from for the enclosure as I'm in the process of making my own???

Nice work, so much prettier than a sea of white melamine!

Stainless steel sink strainers make great vents (and dirt cheap) but not from Bunny's, theirs seem to be of aluminum and quite soft. I got some from Maxi supermarket, $1.65 for a pack of two.

ta4a9eme.jpg
ready to go and picking up a hypo coastal tomorrow, this will do until she grows out of it

Cool end should be as cool as you can get it, 10c or more difference from the warm end is the normal recommendation, they will self regulate where they need to be, they don't enjoy being constantly warm.
Glad you sealed the joins and I'm sorry if it sounded like I was picking fault, that wasn't/isn't my intention. I'd just hate for you to discover down the track that you forgot something basic :)
Mesh and screws sounds like cheap insurance to me

Have much better temps now after changing the thermostat thermometer to the cool side of the tank approx 8-10c difference :)

may be a silly question but is the pricing for 1 or for a pair?

ignore that turns out the price is for 1 :)

Last edited:
Yeah they are awesome! I'm getting a pair o the black morelia handles for my jungles and bredlis enclosures! They are going to look swesome!

Jasonmini how is your wood working out? I purchased some and it bowed, Before having the time to use it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back