Burtons Legless

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeNBake

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Found this little guy at mums place in Capalaba. I love the colouring.

burtons3.jpg

burtons2.jpg

burtons1.jpg

Oh yeah. I've lived in the redlands for 15 years. Back when we first moved here from victoria our property was like a wonder land, snakes and lizards every where.

I have slowly watched as development has destroyed habitats and completely changed the native fauna behaviour in the area.

12 years ago, we would frequently get keelbacks, carpet pythons (2m plus) and eastern browns. Also we would nightly have 20-30 wallabies on the front lawn. Koalas passing through every week.

Now we are lucky to see a wallaby at all and if we see a koala it's usually sick and needs help. In the last year though I have seen a pair of yellow faced whip snakes and a fairly small carpet python about 1.6m and a few massive blue tongues, beardies and water dragons. I haven't seen any eastern browns for many years.

We used to have almost every variation of rocket frog in the front yard, and many other native frogs but now they are all gone, just cane toads now, its sad.

Yer I've literally seen my home-town turn from a nice farm/suburban area with lots of bush land around to just another suburb.

There's stilla few good herping spots and I don't think the places in Cleveland/Thornlands as well Mt Cotton will ever be too developed.

There really cool lizards to have I use to have some but there way to hard to feed. This was my guy
79dac292-e45b-8115.jpg

They're on the basic licence in Vic, but it's illegal to feed them (without using a pinky pump). Really no point in having them on the list.

They're on the basic licence in Vic, but it's illegal to feed them (without using a pinky pump). Really no point in having them on the list.

You don't know what your talking about.

I got an idea, don't post crap which isn't true or stuff you literally have no idea about.

Well it is true enough they are hard to feed. Being natural skink eaters getting them to take alternate food sources, primarily mice tails would not be easy. Because of this difficulty I have always thought they should be on a higher class license than the class 1 they are in NSW.

Well Jannico, if it wouldn't hurt you, tell me where I was wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back