"Bushwacker"

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imported_Varanus

I've just watch a segment of "Bushwacked" with my neph/niece and the relocator handed the presenters some newborn Copperheads to handle and claimed they wern't venomous??!! What The???!!!

I've just watch a segment of "Bushwacked" with my neph/niece and the relocator handed the presenters some newborn Copperheads to handle and claimed they wern't venomous??!! What The???!!!

Seriously? Wow, I've often watched that show with the kids. seriously, copperheads? Non-venomous? Idiot...
I didn't like the episode where they hunted down the file snake, killed it and ate it. I know it's part of aboriginal heritage but...ahh, poor snake. And the young guy Brenden was all like "yeah I've only ever eaten black headed python before." and I'm all like "cannibal!!" even though I know what cannibal means... My babies are like, my babies and so if anyone eats one I'm seriously not happy! :?

It wasn't that they weren't venomous. It was that they "didn't have their fangs yet, so they can't invenomate you." Or something very similar. I've seen that ep before and was very surprised. The host (Kayne) is not the most confidante(As he has said in a few episodes before.) around snakes, let alone venomous. So for someone like him to let someone else free-handle a venomous(no matter the age, captive or wild) should really be looked at.

What message is this sort of thing sending to the kids who watch this? I was tempted to email the poor bloke but I doubt it would even get seen.

It was actually the relocator, "snake expert" that mentioned they wern't venomous at that age and handed a snake to each of the presenters, one of whom was a child.

Sorry yes, the 'expert' was the one to hand the snakes over. It's like you can't trust anyone anymore.
(Seems not only did I spell some stuff wrong, but miss some info out, lol)

I watched that episode too & he wasn't saying copperheads were not venomous he said the babies fangs were not developed yet.

sorry was halfway through typing & got a phone call above was alreay said :)

So that would make you....only human then:)!

I'm so tired, I've got no idea if that joke it about my user or something else. Any yet I still laughed.

Ohh, it should have been 'missed'. Oh I'm so stupid!:facepalm:

It's a bit played out though.. the host said before he went on the trip up here he didn't know what a cassowary was lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back