Bzzz!!! Very impressive (and dead) snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an electric fence. Morelia_Hunter didn't give me any more than the pictures so I don't know anything about what was being kept in or out, but being Africa, 'large animals' is probably a safe assumption . It appears that the snake crawled under the fence to eat something then hit the fence on the way back because of its newly enlarged diameter and was electrocuted. You can see that it had only just eaten because the meal is still anterior of the position it would have settled in.

The "Bzzzz" in the title was supposed to be a zapping noise. I suppose I'd better work on my expressive linguistics.

Actually, scrap that; "dead" was supposed to mean "dead" but since that message wasn't conveyed the problem probably doesn't lie with me!

If anyone is still wondering; impressive means impressive and snake means snake. (Don't ask what 'and' or 'very' mean).

The picture's been doing email and reptile site rounds lately. So someone knows someone who actually took this one?

It's really sad, what a terrible way to die :(

I know the guy that took the pic as I am a South African. The small fence is for foxes and caracal (small type of feline). Remember in Africa there are lots of things that would eat you. That snake was electrocuted. Well done Sdaji i see the uni is making you very observant grasshopper!!!!

Well done Sdaji i see the uni is making you very observant grasshopper!!!!

Yes, it's excellent. Soon I shall be a parthenogen.

Sdaji said:

So from some peoples point of view, you will be able to go and fu....aaahhhahahahahaha ;) ;)

Sdaji said:

Parthenogens are female.

But then again, you know that.

Is Sdaji a ?female in disguise? That would explain the hair.

:p

Hix

Morelia Hunter said:
That electric fence can drop an elephant to the ground

So they spend most of their time repairing the fences then?

Parthenogens are female.

Yes, I'm well aware of that. Believe it or not, I was joking :p In fact, I'm not even a grasshopper yet and quite likely never will be. Reminds me of a time in primary school when the teacher asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, I wanted to mess with her head so I responded with "A squid." and remained quite adamant that it was my ambition :lol:

Is Sdaji a ?female in disguise? That would explain the hair.

No, unless the disguise is good enough to fool me too! I don't see anything feminine about long hair, western culture is just strange :lol:

So from some peoples point of view, you will be able to go and fu....aaahhhahahahahaha

Contrary to popular belief, parthenogens don't 'f' themselves or do anything which comes close. I think you're confusing parthenogens with hermaphrodites which are very different (hermaphrodites are boring, at least compared to parthenogens :) ). Many hermaphrodites can fertilise themselves (by 'f' ing themselves) but in the vast majority of cases they prefer to copulate with a conspecific. Okay, I'd better stop there or I'll end up typing out a page or two on hermaphrodites :p :oops:

Ahhhh Sdaji, we'd all love to hear your Miriam tales!!!! ;) LMAO ;)

Ahhhh Sdaji, we'd all love to hear your Miriam tales!!!! LMAO

Garden snails (Helix aspersa) fertilise each other using disposable darts. I was so amazed in the first year animal diversity prac when we cut them open and found the dart sacks! I won't go into the jokes some of us made, but I'm sure you have similarly vivid imaginations ;)

That is a HUGE snake.Is it Australian?

That is a HUGE snake.Is it Australian?

Have you read any of this thread? I you had you would know that it is from Africa.

I Saw that (and many more) pic on a site strangecosmos.com some pretty weird animals on this planet of ours!!! Underwater has 80% of the worlds animals and these are even stranger mmmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back