Cage set up

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon-Drew

Reaction score
I picked up this cage a couple of months ago and have been fixing it up. It is now ready for Heating and lighting and I am not quite sure what to do. When i got it there were 2 heat lamps down the bottom, no day light and the thermostat was dead so I am starting from scratch.

The cage is 5 feet tall, and 2 feet by 2 feet at the base. I will be putting my 2 year old coastal in to it.

How would you suggest i set it up.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• new Cage.jpg
    new Cage.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 156
Why on earth are there lights down the bottom? That seems a little useless to me. Personally, I would use a heat cord underneath a tile on the shelf.

Hey I'm building my Own right now as well, I've decided to go with heating cord routed into the bottom shelf with another one over the top then an infared lamp at the top for general heating and night viewing. I'm just using fluro lights in a bulkhead for lighting the cage during the day. Not sure if this is how most would do it. I'd be happy to be corrected though

I've been using one of the "proherp" heating panels in a similar sized enclosure and am very pleased with the product. The 80W unit should fit comfortably in that space (on the roof). Attach that to a reputable thermostat and add an infrared of suitable wattage and your good to go! Shouldn't need to worry too much about heating the floor, as that gives you your verticle thermal gradient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back