Cage Size Limiting Snake Size?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snowman;2252174. Your previous posts prove that you have very little understanding. And that is fine.. But dont argue the point without facts.[/QUOTE said:
seriously what is wrong with you people are you that narrow minded as soon as someone has a different opinion to you you forget how to read what is on the screen in front of you!!!!!! i will say it slowly for you people and in big writing....I , ME, MYSELF DIS LIKE TUBS AND WILL NEVER KEEP MY, ME, MINE SNAKES IN SMALL, LITTLE, UNDERSIZE TUBS!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I think in this case it's not your opinion, but your ignorance that people are arguing against. And out of interest, what species were these 4 ft arboreal snakes?
hey champ i'm not exactly sure you can call someone ignoant just because they dont give in to the masses......i have never said that keeping snakes in tubs is damaging to their health, i have never stated that is causes any problems, i have merly stated that i do not like the idea and that is my opinion........what exactly makes you such an expert??????

So . . . to answer my question of 45 replies ago: Cage size doesn't limit the growth of my carpet python . . . yes? :D

hey champ i'm not exactly sure you can call someone ignoant just because they dont give in to the masses......i have never said that keeping snakes in tubs is damaging to their health, i have never stated that is causes any problems, i have merly stated that i do not like the idea and that is my opinion........what exactly makes you such an expert??????

i'm with you hazordous, i dont understand the use of tubs when keeping snakes, except for keeping hatchies in so they feel safe, as for adult snakes of up to 8foot i cant understand it, yes if the tub is 100cmx75cm then that is of decent size for an average size snake, but in saying this i keep snakes because i love them, i love to watch them moving around climbing the branches and looking at their colours. why do people keep them in opaque tubs where you can not see them or enjoy looking at them, where they cant stretch out or climb branches, is it just so they can say how many snakes they have, i wouldnt want to live in a box the size of a toilet cubicle and i'm sure the snakes dont enjoy living in a small tub, i dont think that the arguement that it does no long term damage is a fair or valid one. nobody likes to see a puppy farm with dogs crammed in little shoe boxes pumping out puppies so why is it ok for some snake breeders????...........rant over let the tongue lashing from those that keep their reptiles like this begin.

I'm not claiming to be an expert, so I don't know where you got that from, and I'm not saying you're ignorant because you don't 'give in to the masses'. I said that you were because you aren't taking everything into consideration, and more so relating snakes to other animals which they are nothing alike. Sorry if I offended you.

"I don't think the argument that it does no long term damage is a fair or valid one"
Then you said "I never stated that it caused any problems"...

So which one is it?

"I don't think the argument that it does no long term damage is a fair or valid one"
Then you said "I never stated that it caused any problems"...

So which one is it?
nowhere there do i contradict myself......... the arguement of no long term damage which is being used as a reason for keeping snakes in tubs is being thrown at me left right and center , i said that i dont believe that is a fair of valid reason to keep them in tubs nothing else, i didnt say that it did, just because something doesnt cause damage doesnt mean its ok to do it, like people are telling me that MY OPINION that snakes move around in the wild, but apparently this is not a valid point IN THEIR OPINION!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not claiming to be an expert, so I don't know where you got that from, and I'm not saying you're ignorant because you don't 'give in to the masses'. I said that you were because you aren't taking everything into consideration, and more so relating snakes to other animals which they are nothing alike. Sorry if I offended you.

you need to get over the whole other animals thing dude, it was an example for tub breeding......and also you must consider yourself of higher interllect than me to be trying to point out my ignorance......how long you been involved in keeping or been involved with snakes

My bad, I was supposed to copy the bit before that, fingers bit too big for my phone. "And I'm sure the snakes don't enjoy living in a small tub"... implying mental distress etc. Carry-on

Not long at all, there's no weight behind what I say in terms of if tubs or enclosures are better. I personally prefer enclosures, all I was getting at is that it was said that people get down your throat for stating your opinion, but to me it looked like people were getting at others (not just you) no so much for your opinion, but because you weren't considering everything like I said. I didn't mean to single you out and offend you but obviously it did. I was just saying what I was seeing, it had nothing to do with tubs vs enclosures, but more so your opinion comment.

My bad, I was supposed to copy the bit before that, fingers bit too big for my phone. "And I'm sure the snakes don't enjoy living in a small tub"... implying mental distress etc. Carry-on

again MY OPINION........YOUR OPINION is that they do enjoy it and that they feel safe and secure

where the hell has HAZARDOUS gone, bloody run away from the fight, i dont think i will go into battle with him watching my back again, left me standing alone on a hill

I keep my Diamond in a tub currently (new enclosure on the way...eventually) and the darn b**** won't STOP growing! I would go as far as to say she absolutely loves it in there because she won't ever come out - not even if I leave the lid off and "walk off" to try and coax her out.
As long as they're big enough, I don't see how it is any different to an enclosure. They're all boxes you keep snakes in just the same.

seriously what is wrong with you people are you that narrow minded as soon as someone has a different opinion to you you forget how to read what is on the screen in front of you!!!!!! i will say it slowly for you people and in big writing....I , ME, MYSELF DIS LIKE TUBS AND WILL NEVER KEEP MY, ME, MINE SNAKES IN SMALL, LITTLE, UNDERSIZE TUBS!!!!!!!

It's not the different opinions. It's the ignorant statements like comparing puppies in cages to snakes in tubs. Or saying how you wouldnt like to live in a toilet cubicle so snakes would not want to live in tubs. It just displays your lack of knowledge about keeping pythons.
It's fine to not like tubs. I dont like heat mats. We all have different keeping techniques.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd8galcBnKk

Mate you need to move pass that, has nobody ever made comparisons to you before, ever heard of 2 people being like " 2 peas in a pod" or 2 people being like chalk and cheese" seen as you can't seem to make the connection between things that don't relate do I need to explain these 2 comparisons to you, as peas in pods have nothing to do with people, nor do chalk and cheese!!!!

They are more metephors, maybe similes. Yours was a direct comparison, sort of siting it as evidence. In fact chalk and cheese is quite right. Comparing snakes in tubs to puppies in a shoe box is, as you say, like comparing chalk and cheese

They are more metephors, maybe similes. Yours was a direct comparison, sort of siting it as evidence. In fact chalk and cheese is quite right. Comparing snakes in tubs to puppies in a shoe box is, as you say, like comparing chalk and cheese
Exactly.
But all I read in his last post was "Mate you need to stop drawing attention to the multitude of things I wrote that make me look ill informed".

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi
Just wondering if a smaller cage will limit or slow growth of a snake. My 5 foot carpet is currently in a 450mm cube tank. Later this month, we start building a 1500mm x 1000mm x 600mm tank, so she's going to be moved anyway. But I'd be very interested in opinions on this.
Thanks,
Mark.

Once new a couple of dwarfs that moved from a caravan into a mansion after winning the lottery, within 3 years they were playing for the Harlem Globetrotters.. On a side note I was reading research the other day conducted by Sydney University which revealed that six out of the seven dwarfs they interviewed said they were not Happy (think about that one).

Kindest regards

Endeavour

snowman you bore me princess, i'm over playing with you!!!!! you are the expert, professor, lawyer and alround champion of knowledge!!!! does that float your boat???? sorry there is another one of those strange sayings that you clearly wont understand because of your ignorance!!!!! you remind me of Sheldon from " the big bang theory"

Every time (about 3 times a week) I take a wild coastal from my rat shed for a ride to the back of the property for release (again), in a tub.... I have to physically tip the tub over to get it out (a wild coastal) If I sit the tub on the ground and take the lid off, the wild snake just stays in it. If I tip the tub on its side to persuade the snake to get out and get going, they always try to stay in the tub. I have to physically up end the tub (gently) to get it to come out. So obviously, pythons feel ok in a tub.

People keep pythons for different reasons. To breed from, to display.... for weird sexual practices (woops, did I write that or just think it?:shock::lol:)

Anyway.... I like to display mine, so they are in my bed.... I mean, in enclosures..... Breeders with large numbers of animals, have to use tubs..... it is the done thing, it is normal and the snakes dont seem to mind. I am sure alot of breeders have thier own display animals and they would more than likely be in enclosures. If tubs were damaging breeders animals, they wouldnt be using tubs I am sure.

IMO, unless you are talking so small, like keeping a hatchie in a matchbox or an adult coastal in an ice cream container...... this would obviously have detrimental effect on a snake. the op is talking about an adult python in a 450cm cube enclosure and yes, I believe it is a wee bit small.... but I dont believe it will be a problem for the snake. My 1.8m coastal is in a 1200x600x600 enclosure and spends most of his time curled up in his upturned flower pot or in his hide.

So, to the op, my opinion remains.... the 450cm cube is a tad small, great you are building something bigger, but I dont believe the 450cm cub has or will do him any damage whatsoever.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back