Calico before and after pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NoOne

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Around the start of last year one of my adult male BHPs developed a couple of white scales, i didn't take much notice and expected them to go away with the next shed.
The next shed came more white spots :? I wasn't to worried as he was eating well and being his normal cranky self.
Anyway i've since learned that his color loss is a trait from his bloodline where they loss the ability to produce melanin when they get older.

For those who are interested heres a few progress pics from start to a couple of weeks ago when he last shed. Enjoy :)

Before any color loss.

SNAKES214.jpg

About 8 months after first color loss.

134-3429_IMG.jpg

The most recent shed about 2 weeks ago.

Snakes047.jpg

Another

Snakes053.jpg

Heres a tail pic which has lost almost all it's color.

Snakes054.jpg

Who knows how much he will lose but it's very exciting when he comes up for shed, anyway thats my little morph i guess you could say :)

re Calico

Be interesting to see what it finally ends up like dugs,very unusual,kind of pretty :)

is he from bob withey's female that did that originally at all steve? very nice by the way also.

He looks all over the shop at the moment, each shed he's loosing more and more, i think once he gets more advanced he'll look great, he lost his first patch of color on his head last shed, a small patch under his jaw, he also has some large patches on top of his head which should start going white or pink in the next few sheds, can't wait for that. :)

He's decided that he wants to be a hypo.

well said :p

could we get some more recent shots of him in his entirety? not just tail. do you expect him to go white with a black head?

andrew

Na Ricko he's from Neil Sonnemann, i spoke to Neil about him a while ago, he has a female doing the same thing at the moment from the same bloodline i think. Strange creatures.

interesting. so was he the dad of the bhp's you bred last yr?

He should lose the color in his head as well, i guess it could be different for each speciman that it happens to but the others that i have seen have lost the color in their heads as well.

I'm going to get him out over the weekend for some pics on the lawn, he doesn't like getting his photo taken much lol.

No i didn't mate him last year, because i didn't know what was wrong him and i had other males doing a good job.

re Calico

Ime hoping my light one may grow an extra head or have three hemipenes or something to beat yours dugs :lol: by the looks of that you might end up with a white snake with black eyes or something,god luck :D

Yes just about everyone who has seen him has said the micheal jackson snake lol.

I'm hoping for something like that Zulu, from what i've he will be a mixture of light brown,pink and white.

Cool bhp duga he'll be nice in a year or 2 , i have to say he was a nice looking snake before he started changing colour .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back