Can anyone help to answer why my coastal carpet won't eat

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

danegee

Reaction score
Hi I just wanted to see if anyone could help with an answer or suggestions why my coastal carpet snake won't eat it's been nearly 6 months I live in Townsville so not cold I've offered it over 10 rats now its tank since around 30 degrees I tryed feeding day and night doesn't seem to be loosing weight yet and continues to hunt around the tank but just wont eat even when i leave the rat in over night please reply if you can help cheers

2 "maybe" points l see around 30 to me is not enough l would like to see 34 - 35 because l have seen coastals in your area basking on rocks and in roofs that were VERY hot and the 2nd. point try a different food source ...chicken neck/quail/ just something different now "IF" and thats a big if your snake is coming down with something the extra heat wont go astray.....solar 17

I agree with Baden. Bump up the temps and try rubbing mice on lizards to scent them

Temps up a few Deg's and a Day old chick/Quail and Bammmmmmmmm..u will have it back on track

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back