Can Bearded dragons live with shinglebacks?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im no expert, but beardies need a constant water supply while shingleback only should have it every 3 days or so. therefore i would say no, but as i said im not really sure.

i had my beardie with 3 adult and one juvi stumpy with no problems at all, just keep the water bowl full and spray the beardie with a water bottle daily. if you notice anthing that would stress them out seperate them.

i used to keep my beardy and my bluey together and they were fine and i was told from experts that they could do so.
also at my local herps store, they keep them together without a worry...

My beardie and shingleback live together, very happily indeed. They sleep together, eat together and even play together. Dunno how it works but the relationship is great, both of them are never stressed out. Their happy so am i.

Im no expert, but beardies need a constant water supply .

They live in the arid central / southern interior of Oz, they need no constant water supply.
Yes they do fine together if they are the same size, but be wary about food time, some shingles don't take to nicely to beardies pinching food off them, and can squash a beardies head out of spite.

also make sure u offer plenty of room,as a stumpy climbing all over a beady will stress the beardy,so make sure the beardys have room to move away,also i used to keep an eastern bluey in with my beardy adults,they all got along well until i put a couple of young beardy hold backs in with the main group,one of the new beardys didnt like the eastern bluey who was an adult and actually attacked it,causing nose damage ,the beardy was only half grown to,so there are always risks

Stumpys move? :shock:

Ours come up to the glass in the morning when they see us in anticipation of food.

(I also provide them with a small water bowl, the cool corner, pretty much continuously.)

my beardies live with some form of skink all yeah around , blueys cunninghmas shingles , they all get on great just need to seperate them when it comes to live insect feeds

i also keep a water bowl in the corner of the enclosure at all times

As i said mine sleep, eat and all that together. Ive never had to seperate them when it comes to feeding live food even, its like they share and know not to get in each others way somehow. Maybe my shingle and beardie are just weird. :) ;)

My beardies been living with a cunninghams skink for around seven years now. As with many of the others, they eat together, sleep together, and bask together. In fact, if I take the beardie outside and leave the cunninghams behind, he gets quite frantic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back