can my carpet get any sort of parasite from being out side on the ground?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jackson_CA

Reaction score
hi everyone, iv got a murray darling carpet and i was wondering wether it would be alright to have him outside on the concreat? :)

Outside are you insane that place is a death trap for snakes.... No seriously concrete, trees, grass, dirt, water, air all these things will not hurt your snake...

HI JACKSON I am out with my 6 snakes now. I have a tiled front verandah which has 2 solid house walls which helps me control then. I do not put mine on the lawn for fear of maybe picking up some sort of pest. The Coast currently has a flea plague. Bruce

It will not hurt your snake to take it outside on the grass. just watch out for birds! especially if its still a hatchy/juvie. We take ours outside at least once every few days.

HI JACKSON I am out with my 6 snakes now. I have a tiled front verandah which has 2 solid house walls which helps me control then. I do not put mine on the lawn for fear of maybe picking up some sort of pest. The Coast currently has a flea plague. Bruce

Im pretty sure that fleas are only interested in warm blooded animals, and that snakes dont get fleas!

HI i did say some sort of pests which some lawns can have many, fleas ,mites ,worms dropped by birds, biting ants, ticks etc might depend on where you live and how feral your yard is. My yard is feral so i just wont risk it. Bruce

I've only ever had snake mites from snakes that have come from (out door enclosure) or been taken outside from time to time. Same as the dog, he'll only get ticks or fleas from outside. The risk is there, but if treated and controlled, there's no major issue.

I used to take mine out on the grass but they got really really nervous....especially when the birds starte to squark even when I was there....so now I just let them crawl around the house wherever they like within reason and they get enough climbing and exercise doing that...and they are much happier...it really upsets me to see them so frightened...so I dont do it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back