Can you buy beardie eggs?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hindy

Reaction score
I saw a post on facebok, someone is wanting too sell about 30 beardie eggs. Can you legally buy them?
If so, what is a good price?
How do you go about it?
What do you put on the licence form?
Do you candle them before you buy them or is that the risk you take?
Thanks guys

In Vic the trading/selling of eggs is not allowed, not sure about other states.

Im in NSW. What do I put on the license because I dont have proof of why I should have them?

Sounds a bit suss to me. Do you really want Beardy eggs or is this just a spontaneous buy?

I just wanted to buy the eggs to sell the babies so I can pay my parents back and so I can afford to buy a breeding pair of centrals.

beardys are pretty cheap these days u can pick them up for free - $100 as they are every where!
most people end up giving them away as they can be pretty hard to sell! unless the are some thing amazing like leather backs or high reds etc!

If someone's selling beardie eggs on Facebook, then he's probably found where a wild one has layed it's eggs and took them, obviously he can't incubate them otherwise he would try to hatch them and he probably doesn't have paperwork.

But if you're buying reptile eggs, the worst worry is if they got turned at any point, if they did, then you'll buy the eggs just to find out a majority of them (if not all) are dead.
This happens more then you may think, not long ago I had someone try to sell me lace monitor egg they had just found.

Everyone wants to make a quick buck and that quick buck ain't always legal.

I would not recommend getting these eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back