Cape Yorks

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think mine is a cape york. ? you tell me. either way im swapping it tomorow

woops forgot to add pic

1st pic is dark as the light was off.
2nd pic is him normally. (sorry about the quality)

Attachments

• snappy feed.jpg
    snappy feed.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 82
  • willba.jpg
    willba.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 62
Bit hard for me to tell with the pics, you might need to ask someone with a bit more experience on Cape Yorks Cam.
Has anyone got a better idea?

Ok I've finally gotten around to taking some newer pics of the Caped Crusader for ya dee :). He's not looking too flash and I think maybe he might shed...plus a few of the pics have reflected the flash a lot so not that indicative of colour. Oh and he scares me so I'm not that keen to get too up close and personal lol. Hell, why am I even posting these? :lol: ;)

In the pic of him on the wooden floor of mainly his head, the day he bit me his whole body (except for the black obviously) was a silvery white colour like you can see in his tail close to his belly scales. Unfortunately I haven't seen that colour since :(. But I have just noticed that he's got a half decent stripe down most of his body...who's up for tri-striped Capeys! :D

Attachments

• DSCN5507.jpg
    DSCN5507.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 95
  • DSCN5503.jpg
    DSCN5503.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 77
  • DSCN5511.jpg
    DSCN5511.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 80
  • DSCN5512.jpg
    DSCN5512.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 59
Gee wizz mate, he's a ripper hey? He does look like he is up to discard some old flesh though. Both the 2 I picked up the other week are in the same boat, laying around bathing and blue eyed.:lol: Some of the best snakes I have got.....good looking IMO and placid as they come.
Thanks for the pics Zo

Lol yeah he's looking a little second hand at the moment I think lol. The skin on his head's looking a little dry which I've noticed can happen before a shed so here's hoping! Glad you're enjoying yours! :D

How much do the Cape Yorks cost and how big do they get?
And are there breeders that breed these snake reguarly?

I'll have babies for sale next month. My adults are about 6 1/2 foot long. But they are a more solid build than your average carpet, with bigger, squarer heads. They sell for $250 each.

here are some pics of mine

Muduser is my female at 2 mtrs long and she is 2.5 years old and Thorn is my male at just under 2 mtrs and around the same age Hoping for babies next year.

Shane, have you got any pictures of the parents?

heres a pict of roxy my first snake. cape yorks are awsome snakes very much worth getting one.

Attachments

• P7170011.jpg
    P7170011.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 76
Is his head bumpy or is that just the photo?

lol its water i had to spray her cage because the humidity was horrible and she always had horribly poor sheds.

Oh, okay :)

They're such beautiful carpets, first python to catch my eye when I started looking actually. I'd like to get one, one day :)

yeh there fantastic. so easy to keep cept when there in a reallly bad cage (humidity wise) but ive had no problems apart from the shedding and that was easily fixed with a bigger waterbowl and the occasional spray.
also i dont know how other peoples are but shes one of the most placid snakes ive ever been around never even coiled in an S shape or anything like that

How old is she?

And, I haven't seen many around, where did you get her?

Beautiful snake :) Am trying to post some pics of my boy Capey but it keeps saying invalid file! :x Any ideas?

Price = approximately $300 - $400 range from what I've seen in Victoria

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back