Carpet Python Swallows a Wallaby - Bad Handling!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
re Carpet

bigbing said:
I'm sure if a scared Granny saw it she would toss some boiling water over it , thump it with a shovel and sell the story to a national magazine and become a national hero
Yep bib thats what usually happens they get crap beaten out of them or something,it shouldnt have been handled like that although briefly,but hey its still alive it wont die,itll digest the feed.If people want to winge its best to contact the guy if they are really worried about it.

On a side note it is actually an EPA regulation in Queensland that snake catchers are not allowed to physically touch a snake when removing it. They must use tongs or a hook. I only know this becuase a friend and I ran a course on venomous snake handling and reptile awareness at a mine in Queensland over the weekend and were not allowed to let them tail or pick up the snakes at all without the use of a tool. Sounds stupid to me considering how much trouble you would have trying to pick up a large python or 6ft plus mulga or taipan and safely place it into a bag. Are there any catchers up that way that can verify this regulation?

We are all such goodie goodies ay.

As moosey would prefer to say "what crock!" In the same situation, if any of you were good enough to use your own time free of charge to rescue the snake, you would have all handled it exactly as he did. And with the cameras and crowds ect there, you wouldnt be thinking by the book, you'd be thinking what looks best for the viewers.

Argue differently all you want, but you're just lying to yourselves.

re Carpet

Teamsherman said:

As moosey would prefer to say "what crock!" In the same situation, if any of you were good enough to use your own time free of charge to rescue the snake, you would have all handled it exactly as he did. And with the cameras and crowds ect there, you wouldnt be thinking by the book, you'd be thinking what looks best for the viewers.

Ha Ha ya not wrong LOL

I'm sorry but who are you to speak for me or anyone else here? If I wasn't confident enough to pick up a python of that size (and I'm sure I'd crap myself if I had to lol) then I wouldn't do it...if you can't pick it up properly then get someone else to do it! If I have to pick up any of my snakes after a meal for whatever reason I always make sure I at least support their stomach and be a little gentler than usual. I wouldn't dangle one of my snakes by their tail at ANY time let alone after it's eaten a frickin elephant.

HMMPH :evil:

Oh and by the way...it's what A crock :roll:

re Carpet

that got a reaction :lol: :lol:

re Carpet

Oh no ouz!! I wanna be pooz for u :p :lol:

Teamsherman said:

With a bit of patience that snake could have easily been coaxed into a LARGE snake bag or sturdy wooden and then lifted into a vehicle and then allowed to crawl out by itself when it reaches its new destination. The snake DID NOT need to be handled at all.

Regurgitation for any snake can be bad as digestive juices come up with the prey and can often go down the windpipe causing chronic regurgitation. I'd hate for this snake to regurgitate a wallaby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back