Cat photo thread

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We had herbs of some sort (the leagal kind) in that pot and he must of liked it and kept using it as a bed. He is a funny cat.

my snow seal lynx bengal Migalo .... I don't need a child - I have a 3yo bengal!! If he doesn't get the attention he wants he will do a tag claw-bite run away motion on my leg :eek: honestly ...... He would be about 90cm nose to tip of tail and weighs 7kg. Permanent house cat - he only goes outside when it's time for the vet.

Here's our little "panther"

101_4630.jpg

No Flash

DSC_0036.jpg

With Flash

Jumala - that's EXACTLY the kind of cat I would like further down the track! Kitah - Tiger's coat is terrible! We have 3 long haired cats (all indoor) and it's just EVERYWHERE! We have had to get tiger shaved before because his coat has been matted due his dislike of the brush... This is a photo of the three fluffballs on the couch!
P5190099.jpg
And Tiger after he'd been shaved... This is about 2 weeks after...:lol:Still cute though

PC260116.jpgPC260111.jpg

Has anyone else that owns long-haired cats ever had theirs shaved??? They look hilarious when they first get back... It must be nice though... especially in summer in QLD!

Gorgeous Jumala! Bengals just keep growing on me :D And here I was thinking Taz was fairly big at 5.6kg!

Tahnee, you're boy really does look like a mini panther, and beautiful eyes!

Rahni, as I said I've never had a long haired cat before, but I don't think I'd ever keep one in Townsville with me! Well, unless it was shaved most of the time. Even in winter, it is still pretty warm up here. My three already get a bit too warm during the day, and its only just turned spring!

He's a Chocolate Burmese (around 2 years old), and absolute monster! But once he has peeved you off to no ends, he comes for the cuddles ^_^
We're not sure how much longer we'll have the joy of having him for though, his heart isn't in great shape :(

OMG OMG OMG You have my fave breeeeeed! he he he he! He/she IT looks like ET :D
Gawd I want one... Hairless yes? (though I hear that most are not actually totally hairless) is there like a sub breed or variation?

Edit: is it a Rex?

She's your everyday seal point sphynx, they're pretty cool. She's pretty much totally hairless (excpet for the 'tuft' of hair on her tail tip) and feels like a peach.

OMG its an alien!! lol there is just something about those hairless breeds - they always look like they are deep in thought to me :lol:

Yes my monster is something to see ..... its amazing how many people say they don't like cats and then they see a bengal .. He is from a breeder in NSW - Ricway cattery Erica is the owners name. He was a stud cat so that's why he is so big and thinks he is the boss of me!! Erica still has one of his daughters that she will be breeding from. His real name is Lazyleopard Starkatz Migalo ...

This was the other bengal I had - Alaric. He was a brown marble. Unfortunately he had a heart condition and I lost him a couple of years ago. He was a solid cat :eek: he was a bit overweight but at 9kg you didn't mess with him!!!!!! He was what they called an old style bengal - more towards the wild type then the more domesticated look that they have now.

It's such a shame that Australia won't allow then anything less than an F4 generation or above. The F3 and F2's are amazing!!! I know why they don't allow it but seriously if you are paying more than $5k for a cat (desexed at that price even) - are you going to leave it outside???

Sigh oh to live in America .... then I could have an ocelot!!!!!!!!!!! Woo Hoo now there is a cat that can take on any dog LMAO

Awwwwww your sphynx is adorable. Sadly I seem to have developed an allergy to cats even though my family has always had one, however it only seems to hit when they turn 4-5 years old. Kittens don't affect me, (I don't think, I want to find a breeder who might invite me into their home to test my theories).

I don't think id be able to live without a cat though, so I have been looking into Devon Rexes (my fav breed anyway, along with Tonkinese which sadly mightn't be the best choice) Sphynxs, or Bengals. Apparently Bengals have less of the protein or something in their saliva which is what most people are allergic too, and shed less than a normal cat.

Here is my current boy Ajae, Siamese x Burmese. However will be moving out soon and I don't want to upset him by bringing him with me, he's very sensitive to change. :(

Attachments

• P1000106-2.jpg
    P1000106-2.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 87
Yes my monster is something to see ..... its amazing how many people say they don't like cats and then they see a bengal .. He is from a breeder in NSW - Ricway cattery Erica is the owners name. He was a stud cat so that's why he is so big and thinks he is the boss of me!! Erica still has one of his daughters that she will be breeding from. His real name is Lazyleopard Starkatz Migalo ...

He was what they called an old style bengal - more towards the wild type then the more domesticated look that they have now.

Sigh oh to live in America .... then I could have an ocelot!!!!!!!!!!! Woo Hoo now there is a cat that can take on any dog LMAO
Hey Jumala,
Just saw your last post of your other Bengal...OMG that is a beautiful animal!! They are the BEST animals, so energetic with that "wild" aspect to them as well. Thats funny you got your bub from NSW and your in QLD, we got ours from QLD and live in NSW... Our boy is a house cat as well and has never ventured any further than the balcony. He freaks out when we take him from the house to the car to go to the vet or on Holidays down the coast, but loves it when in the car.
Maxi still has that wild cat aspect, I am his superior so to speak in his eyes and he does play rough with me, but my poor son, he gets absolutely hammered by Maxi as he thinks he is higher in the pecking order than Jake. He actually stalks him and launches on to his back and they literally have a tussle :lol:, its a classic to watch, he's only playing but definitely plays a little too rough... Jakey trains Martial Arts and I say to him Maxi is only training you.., when Jake stands his ground and doesn't run, he blocks most of Maxis attacks...lol Needles to say, we have to keep Maxis claws clipped as he does some damage to the poor kid, BUT he will never touch my wife or my Daughter or even play with them, strange huh...lol I agree Jumala, I would love to get some of the cats they keep in America! ;)

which type of cat would i not be allergic too :) i've sorta liked cats, just was always taught to hate them and i never can really have one because i am allergic to em

which type of cat would i not be allergic too :) i've sorta liked cats, just was always taught to hate them and i never can really have one because i am allergic to em
Bengals, as others have mentioned before on this thread. Don't lose much hair, in fact their coat is like a pelt and feels much softer than a cat hair and it has been found that they are better for allergy sufferers than other breeds.

Aussiebluetongue, just because others hate cats, it doesn't actually mean they are bad :)

It quite annoys me when a lot of people bad mouth cats, say they're best when flat under a car tyre etc. yet they've never even had a cat, or have had very little experience with them. True, some cats can be feral, aggressive and nasty, but the vast majority of domestic cats aren't! Its like dogs, it depends on their individual nature, their owners, and the environment they're raised in.

Aussiebluetongue, just because others hate cats, it doesn't actually mean they are bad :)

It quite annoys me when a lot of people bad mouth cats, say they're best when flat under a car tyre etc. yet they've never even had a cat, or have had very little experience with them. True, some cats can be feral, aggressive and nasty, but the vast majority of domestic cats aren't! Its like dogs, it depends on their individual nature, their owners, and the environment they're raised in.
Too true!
On a herp site and the hysteria of some that think ALL cats are feral and destructive to our native fauna (herps in this case) and LOVE to jump on that bandwagon for their own reasons, this is NOT the case at all but the view of a minority of ill informed keyboard warriors. It is true that feral cats are destructive to our native animals AND should be eradicated as they are destructive, I agree in this instance and have shot many ferals, but this is because of irresponsible owners originally! The domesticated restrained kitty is no threat at all IF kept inside by responsible owners.
Are all Germans like Hitler..Nooo, absolutely ludicrous and NOT true!

April 28th mix 027.jpgdemans burn 010.jpgTo original poster,-Yer love cats ect,-and great pics you got.You say ,you only just took them half hour ago,they look like fullon glamour shots, that would surely take a full photoshoot and remarkable, that the same seting is on the other cat.Do you run a photostudio for cats??
Her's one i took just a half hour ago.My cat is trained not to eat rats, or any other 'unprocessed food'.- hehe yer right.
pencil.png

Last edited:
216 - Copy.JPG This is one of our cats. He is a Devon Rex. We got him because our daughter is allergic to our DSH and dogs. She has no problems with him at all, as he has almost no coat .
she spent a bit of time with him a week before he came home ( just to be sure she would be ok)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back