Cat photo thread

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i wound just like to add to this

Dexter (8).JPGDexter

Dexter (12).jpgDexter being a little cutie!

Dexter (2).JPGabout 1 year old. one of his weird poses

Dexter (11).JPGFirst day we had him. 8 weeks old.

Dexter (10).JPGFirst day.

ill post some more recent photos of him that are nicer and some of my other cat.

Dexter - sleepy.jpgMeow meow..jpgDexter and Meow meow.jpgDexter asleep. .jpgMeow meow.jpgthese are more of my cats.
image 1 - Dexter, image 2 - Meow meow, image 3 - both, image 4 - Dexter, image 5 - Meow meow

Might be getting a couple of kittens in the near future...

My question - I have the option of getting a couple of my step-kid's preggo cat's kittens for free (nice moggy, friendly, was a stray that wandered into his step-dad's work and didn't leave. they took her in pregnant.)

OR.... should I get a couple of siamese or burmese, which I've had before, and love? Any advice?

Personally, I'd probably go the moggies, but its your choice! All I would really recommend is go and spend quite a bit of time with any kittens you're considering, and try to find one that has a personality that you like :) Though granted, it can be reasonably difficult, but you get a fair idea of their personality and behaviours! Thats why I've always spent hours trying to get to 'know' the kittens before I've ever made a decision. You can't really judge them accurately from just 10mins or so, because they may be sleepy, or they may be exceptionally skitzo etc. If you can, go back a few times on different days/times to watch and play with them, if possible! I also find it extremely hard to play with kittens and not want to take them all home haha, I don't know why but I just find kittens absolutely irresistable!

one important thing though.. if you get a kitten/kittens, thenyou have to post photos for us :D

in my opinion go for what feels right. just cos they're free doesnt mean you have to have them, it may seem appetising but go for something your 100% happy with. the photos i posted the darker one she was a cat that my sisters boyfriend was driving along one day and found the mum hit and killed by a car an found the kitten just 4 days old in the gutter. we took her in and bottle fed her and then gave her to a suragot mum and got her back when she was old enough. now shes tiny because she had a growth stunt. she actually older than the other cat. :)

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply the decision would be solely money-based!! They are essentially rescue kittens, as mum herself has just been rescued and is under a year old. The question in my mind is more do I take in the rescues.... or look at spending (probably quite a bit of) money on "purebreds"....

Hmmm... I'm not sure!!

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply the decision would be solely money-based!! They are essentially rescue kittens, as mum herself has just been rescued and is under a year old. The question in my mind is more do I take in the rescues.... or look at spending (probably quite a bit of) money on "purebreds"....

Hmmm... I'm not sure!!

I didn't think that, you seem like far too nice and caring of animals to make a decision based on money alone :)

It is a tough choice... personally, I find domestic shorthairs to be just as loveable and personable as purebreeds, but it all depends on what you want. I may be biased though, all of my cats are rescues :) I still vote you just go play with them all, and see which you prefer, if possible!

yeah, yeah i didnt for my comment to sound as if your only going for it because of the money. just from expeciance i know someone that wanted a knew dog and one came up for a cheap price and it wasnt the type that he wanted and he bought it and he still looks after it and everything but he still would have preferred to get the breed he wanted.
im just saying dont let ur mind trick u into thinking the free ones are better. i personlly would go for the rescue ones because like you say they are 'rescue' cats and its helping the cats out

Beautiful cats Lex10, sorry to hear about Lexus :(

Love the second piccy of Baxter, I love it when cats sleep like that haha :)

I'm not sure if you guys have heard of/seen/read simons cat before, but heres a link to a new film thats been uploaded! I LOVE these films! my favourites are probably "Fly guy", "snow businesS" and the new one, "The box". You can tell this guy owns cats!! The Official Simon's Cat Website | Films | The Box

Hey Southside morelia, what do you make of this fella? This was Taz's dad, and when I saw him, he reminded me of a marble bengal.... Do you think there may be any relation to the breed? :)

Wow they do look like marble Bengals for sure...OMG, I just realised their "HYBRIDS" lol ;)
Beautiful moggies Kitah!!

Wow they do look like marble Bengals for sure...OMG, I just realised their "HYBRIDS" lol ;)
Beautiful moggies Kitah!!

Aww, at least they're still hybrids within the same species :) haha... Kit is the only one that I know the heritage of- Turkish van x domestic shorthair! Though, I still suspect Taz is part Bengal :) and... well.. Amber, the kitten- just a straight forward DSH!

And thankye :D

Edit: I withdraw that earlier statement about Taz being a hybrid within the same species! whoops! If he's got some Bengal blood in him, he can't be pure F. catus!

Got this little guy a couple of days ago, thought I'd share some photos. He's a burmese.

DSC_6568.jpg

DSC_6571.jpg

DSC_6573.jpg

DSC_6581.jpg

here's my cat vincent, she's purely an indoor cat but i decided to take her for a walk in the backyard, then she went mental when brought back inside.

PA020090.jpg
^^Vincent licking her chops

I prefer cats to snakes. I like snakes, but come on. They dont purr and rub against ur leg and groom u like kittys do :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back