caught lizard on hoilday

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakekid666

Reaction score
hey guys i caught this while i was on holiday up at the myall lakes past newcastle. when i caught it i had no clue what it was i knew it was a skink of some sort but didnt no exactly wat it was. i did some research when i got home and quickly worked out wat he was. just from these pics do you no wat he is.

Attachments

• DSCF4374.jpg
    DSCF4374.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 175
  • DSCF4375.jpg
    DSCF4375.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 160
  • DSCF4377.jpg
    DSCF4377.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 155
it shore is a land mullet i didnt have a clue at first. it looked really healthy but did have a wound on its left side up near his front feet

nice catch they are bloody quick to hide, ugly lizard, but nicer then most I have seen, atleast that one has all its toes and isnt coated in ticks and scares like the usual ones I see.

usually quite shy and secretive species

sure are. they never seem to venture far from rotting logs or huge piles of bamboo and lantana, and if people think the adults are shy, wait untill you come accross the babys, they are even worse, they are very pretty when they are young, they usually have a few white spots, has anyone actually managed a shot of a wild land mullet that is a baby?

yeah he was very quick i was lucky to catch him.he was hiding under the cabin i was staying in and didnt come out mutch but when he did he was quick to go back under to hide so i was lucky to catch him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back