Caught this little Guy

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trouble

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey All

When my mum and dad came home from shopping today, so I went down to help them unload the car... When I got down there, I saw they both weren't moving. So, I followed their gaze and I noticed this little guy::D

DSCF1050.JPG
DSCF1055.JPG
Why would he have been puffing up his neck like this?:
DSCF1058.JPG
He was a quick little bugger too. In the end, I just let him find his way to the garden where I took these pics:

DSCF1068.JPG
DSCF1062.JPG
I told my parents it was a GTS and it wont hurt them... was I right?;):rolleyes:

Hope you like the pics and hope to hear your comments

cheers
Trouble

ooh nice :D wish i found these guys around the place!

Yes your right and it was good to let him kick on. He was puffing his neck out saying " look out im big and tuff , dont mess with me " all bluff , nice snakes. Matt ;)

Thanks Matt

Yeah it looked like he was trying to look tough... he knows how to whip around too ;)

yep u were right, and a nice looking one too! well done :p

Nat ;)

I have seen two out and about in the last three weekends, one really firey and one that let me hold him for a bit , sorry no good pics noone was game to get my phone out of my pocket till i let it go lol! then he was too quick to get decent pic of.

i heard that gts are non venomous but i also heard that they are rear fanged why would they have fangs if they had no venom?...can anyone help me out?

Harley

i heard that gts are non venomous but i also heard that they are rear fanged why would they have fangs if they had no venom?...can anyone help me out?

Harley
they are venomous but its only mild and they will very rarely get their fangs into you anyway due to their position.

gts are not venomous, think your confusing it with Boiga irregularis, which is rear fanged (proteroglyphous) however green tree snakes just have teeth (aglyphous) (well thats what ive been told anyways, feel free to correct me if you know better :))
JMO

Nat ;)

i searched gts and i found that they puff their neck up to look as big as they can when intimidated they can also release a bad odoured gas to try and make the enemy go away;)

Ah ok thanks guys for all your info on these great little critters..
Hopefully in the future I will get one, they look very nice

Ah ok thanks guys for all your info on these great little critters..
Hopefully in the future I will get one, they look very nice

Stinky buggers if you stress/scare it too much.

Gl; my bf wanted one till he found out about the stink bomb part. Lol.

Hi all,

While non venomous in the old thinking, they may in fact be venomous, research is currently being conducted into solid toothed colubrids in Australia. Its seems that they have at very least an active anti coagulant in their saliva.

Cheers,
Scott Eipper

its a gts and NO they dont have venom nor do they have fangs they have teeth which face inwards as to grab their prey and so the frog cant pull itself out of the snakes mouth...........NON DANGEROUS TO ALL EXCEPT WHAT IT PREYS ON!!!...........i have one coiled around my arm in my profile pic .beautiful snake all bark no bite ....what they do to humans when trying to rescue them from stoves (my last call out) is they drop STINKBOMBS ..phewwww .....brown tree snakes have rear fangs which hold venom that isnt really that toxic to humans and you would really have to be molesting the snake for it to bite you too ........redbellybite:)

they are venomous but its only mild and they will very rarely get their fangs into you anyway due to their position.

All wrong info,

The GTS has no fangs back of the mouth or anywhere for that matter, and they certainly no venom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back