central netted dragon q?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ADZz_93

Reaction score
i am looking at getting a central netted dragon and i'm just wondering what the enclosure size requirement is? and also do they eat crickets and lettice like beardies?

plz respond, and also how much do they cost, any1 no of a breeder?

I keep 3 adult Central Netteds in a 4'wide x 2'deep x 2'high. This is plenty of room and you could comfortably keep 3 in a 3x2x2 or 3x1.5x1.5.
Mine eat crickets, woodies and mealies. I don't feed mine greens but I have read of plenty of people who do.
I would also suggest keeping them on some reasonable depth red sand with some small logs and fake rocks as they love to burrow and dig under things.

Hope that helps

thx a lot nigz, how mutch did you pay for them, and also how do you provide their heat? and at what temp??

I paid $100 each for mine as adults but have seen prices just recently ranging from $80 for hatchies through to $200 for adults. Try a search of the old 'for sale' threads on here and it will give you an idea.
They don't mind it a bit hot. I experimented a bit with heating and found that a 150 watt infra red globe kept the basking spot at 40-41degC and the cool end at about 28degC. When my red globes blew I tried clear globes and found a much lower wattage clear globe (60W) kept the enclosure at those same temps. These temps were the absolute max my enclosure got to so I didn't bother with a thermostat and have had no problems. I have found though that they are much more active under the red globe. Maybe they don't like the white light, I'm not sure but they seem to hang out in their burrows much more under the clear globe.
I must stress that this set-up with no thermostat works for my enclosure after much experimentation. Most people would probably suggest a thermostat.
You will also need a UV light.

well i do now one thing, if it was an inferred globe it means that it will not disturb them (when the uv is off they will think it is night) as for the light globes, i dont no... with the inferred, they will display a more natural behavior.......correct me if im wrong, i have only hade my snake a few months.........

Both the red and UV are on a timer....on about 7am and off about 7pm. The heat light sits right next to the UV so that's why I can't work out why they prefer red over white. Maybe other members have an idea?

I don't. The sand and rocks retain heat which is enough to warm them through the night. It gives them a more natural day / night cycle as well I guess.

I don't heat them at night, they go to sleep like i do :)
light turns on at 7am goes off at 7pm.
My Dragons like bokchoy, crickets the occasional meal worm and me if I am too slow.
They also like a water bowl they can chase there reflection around in, not deep just enough so it comes up to there belly, they love it.
They do like to scratch around and chase things to, I have things they can climb all over.

wher do you live? i live right down the bottom of phillip island and it gets pretty cold at night!! like 5-6.c, they wouldent like that would they??

Great, thanks Pablo. Trying to get some traffic to my site - there seems to be a lot of care info requests on Central Netteds which is great.

I have a young pair of netteds, they are fantastic creatures!

I have a 75watt heat light and a 10.0 UV light for them too, Mine are fed on Woodies.

They are wonderful to watch, I have play pit very fine washed sand for mine, and yes they love to dig loads!

Their enclosure is a 4ft MDF with sliding glass doors.

I am hoping thy breed next season for me, only time will tell!

Re

I have 2 female Central's and 1 Male Central's
in a 2 foot by 2foft by 2 foot with 3 hides and a coupple of logs and the doubble washed white sand from bunings they love it also a 60w clear globe on a thermostat running 38.5 deg c
and a uv 10.0 fluro my guys are happy enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back