Central netted problem

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strange1

Reaction score
Hi all,

I seem to have a problem with my adult Male central netted. Unfortunately I dont know how old he is.
Recently (Over the last week) he has started shedding (Almost finished) but he has started acting really weird.

He wont take food out of his bowl anymore, wont chase food around the enclosure and when I do drop something like a mealworm near him he takes 4 or 5 attempts to pick it up before he gets it right. Also after he stops moving his head keeps on wobbling for awhile.

He always would jump off his log and grab anything thrown into his enclosure in the past even while shedding!

Any ideas or help would be great.

Thanks

Hi how are your others .

I think old age might be catching up with him,they just stop eating and then die.
good luck with him

It could just be he's getting old and will eventually pass on.Can you ask the seller how old he was when you got him?
Mitch

when was the last time it did a crap, sometimes my beardies will go a bit funny when they hav impacted crap in em. try putting him in some water...
not sure how long central netteds live for ...

Central netteds have a pretty short life expectancy compared to other reptiles.

The oldest Netted I have heard of was 7. I haven't kept Netteds that long to confirm but my Painted Dragons, which have a similar live expectancy in captivity, averaged 4 - 6 years.

It could be age or impactions as suggested. When my Beardie was younger, he had what I suspected as impactions, so I soaked him in water around 32 degrees and then tong fed him a smaller than usual cricket with its head dripped in Cod Liver Oil. 1 day later he did the crap of his life and was happily back to his normal self. Could be worth ago.:rolleyes: :D

Thanks for the replies all :)

I cant really ask the seller about his age. I have emailed him before with questions and receive no answer :(

He is alone in the tank. I purchased a pair and the female died after only a few weeks. She was eating well and all but on Christmas day she was dead in the morning. I purchased a replacement female (From someone else) who is still young and she is in a separate enclosure until she gets large enough to put with a male.

He is still pooing daily, I can get him to take some food from tweezers, but it takes along time and he has no interest in crickets or woodies anymore.

I have a bad feeling the guy was just selling off old pairs before they kicked the bucket :(

i lost an old male a couple of months ago, not a netted, a tawny dragon, stopped eating then just dropped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back