Centralian Blue Tongues?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dicco

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if there's any-one out there who keeps Cenralian Bluies and what are their basic requirements?
Cheers

I have had them in the past. I kept them very similar to your desert species in being not very humid. Gave them quite a warm hot spot (35+ degrees) and kept them on desert sand. Fed them no different to common blueys.

I have 1 pair of central bluies and i keep them in much the same way as you would keep common bluies.I feed them on live insects and fruit & veg with calcium & vitamin suppliments.The size of the enclosure ikeep them in is 4ftx18'x18',i suply a basking light at one end of the cage and a uv emitting flouro is used to light the cage by day, i dont heat the cage at night.They are given fresh water every 3-4 days.

Sounds very similar to what I had, what substrate do you keep them on?? I find they don't get anywhere near as big as common blueys either IME.

The substrate i use is red desert sand ,they seem to like it and it looks great.And i agree hugsta they dont grow as large as commons.

Sounds to me like you are doing everything right then. Well, IMO anyway.

Thanks guys, but shouldn't they be able to handle high humidity?, as although they are mainly found in arid areas their range also includes parts of the Kimberly.
Cheers

My centrals are as basic to keep as any bluie, i don't have issues with humidity here so i've never had to worry about it.
I use rice husks or BC with mine as substrate and have found both to be very good but i prefer rice husks.

Any chance at all they could be kept successfully outdoors on the east coast or would they be better off indoors?, and dugga, I knew you were NoOne ;)
Cheers

Personally i would doubt they could be, if they were it would be alot of work.
They aren't very big so they can be kept indoors very well, IMO it's not worth the risk trying to keep them outside.

Me i'm not NoOne :wink:

Ok, I just wanted to give 'em a extra bit of space, I'll have to try find some space for 'em inside then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back