ceramic or plastic what one??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nocturnal_pulse

Reaction score
hi all,
just a quick question .....i was wondering in your enclosures who uses ceramic globes and who uses plastic....i personally have wanted to stay with ceramic as i am in fear of the plastic fittings burning out has anyone had this problem??

It depends on what you use them for, ceramics can handle higher temperatures than plastic fittings.

Ceramic fittings. I can't see plastic lasting very long and I imagine it could end in tears.

They should never burn out as long as the fitting is rated higher than or equal to the wattage of the globe.
I use plastic as I can get them from work for free.

I use ceramic fo my light fittings. I bought 2 plastic water bowls, and the paint has lifted slightly off them (so I used a scourer and lifted any more loose paint)... I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

I use the ceramic fittings, i pay only $4.00 each for them So the outlay for them is next to nothing.
They come in the edison fitting.

The rating is written on the bottom or side of the black plastic piece that the cables connect into.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back