Channel Nine now

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jessb

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Anyone watching Channel Nine? Just woken up (!) and they had a thing on turtles, and they guy was swimming with an Olive. Apparently they are looking for death adders next...

Yeah I am watching. How amazing to go swimming with a large olive python - almost looks like a love affair :D

He has his death adder - what a stupid move, almost got bitten. That cracked me up, he try flicking it out the way real quick

Last edited:
interesting but the silly bugger nearly got tagged by that death adder..................

I was about to make a post about this. It was called "Wild Australia" with David Ireland. What a twit! Did anyone see how he handled the Black Whip Snake? It was almost as pathetic as how he handled that poor Death Adder. Not to mention the fact that he has to head grab File Snakes because they have incredibly powerful jaws...

yes he has good knowledge but has bad handling technique..............

He has a lot to learn about handling snakes, tailing a nice big death adder and then almost killing the thing by shaking it when it inevitably tried to bite him. Then the death grip on the head of the File snake, I thought he was grabbing a Taipan instead of a Whipsnake the way he was carrying on :)

He has a lot to learn about handling snakes, tailing a nice big death adder and then almost killing the thing by shaking it when it inevitably tried to bite him. Then the death grip on the head of the File snake, I thought he was grabbing a Taipan instead of a Whipsnake the way he was carrying on :)

yes i had to laugh as well

I recon he didn't have that much knowlage the way he was talking about reptiles.
I had to laugh when he caught that little dragon... he said it was going to run at lightning speed as soon as he put it down, the lizard just sat there :lol:.
Poor snakes the way he treated them though, funny when he almost got tagged :lol: hehe

I like his shows purely for the animals shown, like Bruce George the Snakebuster. Great animals shown, but heads a small adder and gets creamed by it.

Simone.

Only caught the last bit of the show, but he made an interesting point about the cane toad problem up north - not only are they poisonous, but the cane toads eat the young of lots of snakes - including death adders! They must be hard bastards those cane toads!

The bit where he chucked the adder away was pretty funny tho...

i thought is was a good show, the close ups and footage was brilliant particularly the underwater scenes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back