Chat Channel

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you like to see the chat channel back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Enzactly Jand C if people had known Horseys age the comment's might not have been made in the same way. And you forgot the belly button

If we were to have a chat room I would ask that peoples age be displayed so that we would no the age of persons in the chat room and adjust our chat accordingly.

there are a few other reptile sites with chat rooms and age of the people is not a issue in the ones i use yes we do get a few younger members use the room as well but for the most of the time chat is about herps and people of all ages can enjoy a chat about herps ..
but besides after a while you get to know whos who and there age ..

I've been around for longer than my join date says, and a have a rough estimate of most people but the newer ones I don't. They are talking about a chat room to remove the chit chat about other topics. A chat room like this is hard to moderate, but if we new how old people were it would be easier to self moderate to suit those that are in there at the time. It is just a suggestion. I would imagine that a lot of chit chat would still revolve around reptiles but being a chit chat forum a lot will not which leaves it very open to topics that should not be disscussed with minors around.

Why can't we make one of the conditions of entry be they are over 18 and make note that the room is not always moderated and as such APS holds no responsibilty for its content...Or something along those lines anyway if you know what I mean??

i moderate another caht room (not herp related), i dont use a program to blank out swearing etc, but any unruly behaviour they get a warning if it keeps goin, they get booted...simple as that...if they continue to rejoin the server that is fine...the behaviour still continues they get booted and banned...i can ban just the user name or i can ban the IP addy...

all that aside, i think most people here are rather "grown up" and think its a bloody good idea...I use a program called X-Chat and its great...If the admin mods say no to it, lets just start our own...I'll mod it along with a few other people...

ive written a bit of scripting to auto kick/ban when certain words are detected.. easy.

Might stop the gas bagging in the forums a bit.
Only problem (as before) is peoples behaviour, & the admins can't moderate it.

Well we can just rate it XXX INCASE anything goes pear shaped and we can have a discaimer on it stating: Warning: May not be good for your health, confidence, or innocence. :p

Stop talking about it then and just do it. Make sure it is not affiliated with APS in any way as the admin and mods have indicated they don't want to be a part of something like that at this stage.

Choose an IRC server, create a chat room name, pick your mods and just PM the people that you want to chat to. If they are interested, they will join.

There once was an IRC chat room named after APS (not sure if it was officially sanctioned), it was taken over by a rival herp site. Language got rough, ages were not considered and sexual innuendo and connotation ran rife.

who wants to get together on this? im interested.. should meet on a server like irc.austnet.org or irc.oz.org .. to keep it in the aussie realm :D

irc.austnet.org channel #aps the server has good services for name registration and channel registration.. so no takeovers and so forth.

I have created a chat room that can be accessed using the "Chat" link in the main navigation. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Might be a subscriber related problem, let me look into it. Can any other subscribers get into the room?

i dont log in, it just lets me in. this might be because i ticked the box after logging in for the site to remember me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back